‘23 KY CB Cristian Conyer (Tennessee commit)

It’s no secret that the schools who spend the most on recruiting generally have the most success. If tate really was a loss because of NIL, and if we miss on conyer due to a better NIL offer from uk then it means 1 of 2 things: 1. The staff did not think highly enough of the kid to spend that kind of money on him. 2. We have problems still existing within our administration and booster ranks.

There is no reason whatsoever that UT should be outbid for a kid that they really want, especially in the NIL era. Not saying money is endless, but we have as much money as anyone. And a couple top recruiting classes in a row can change a program and allow them to spend less and get more due to the success of those classes. Spend the damn money!

It’s no secret that the schools who spend the most on recruiting generally have the most success. If tate really was a loss because of NIL, and if we miss on conyer due to a better NIL offer from uk then it means 1 of 2 things: 1. The staff did not think highly enough of the kid to spend that kind of money on him. 2. We have problems still existing within our administration and booster ranks.

There is no reason whatsoever that UT should be outbid for a kid that they really want, especially in the NIL era. Not saying money is endless, but we have as much money as anyone. And a couple top recruiting classes in a row can change a program and allow them to spend less and get more due to the success of those classes. Spend the damn money!
Quit basing your opinion on a baseless rumor lol

Reactions: KillaRed54
First off, he hasn't committed to anyone. So the freak out is unnecessary. Secondly, the kid is from Bowling Green, KY. Lastly, we get the last OV. The BaseVols loss and Carnell Tate has sent too many of y’all into a tailspin in freaking June. Step away.... Step away.

Lol it’s UK guys!! We’re 82-26 vs them and didn’t lose to them for 25 freaking years at one point.

Tennessee is supposed to beat UK. Forever and always. 3-2 is stupid bad over a 5 game stretch. Idc how “good” UK is any particular year.

In all fairness look at who our coaches were. Dooley, Butch and Cornbread.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
Damn you gentlemen need a Xanax. We still get his final OV unless I’ve missed something? Kentucky has some momentum coming off a visit there, that likely changes after his visit to Tennessee.
Dude, we have seen this play out a million times....

You are talking history. We are talking present. Even Vandy can go back to the 20’s and 30’s and show you a nice era. We were fortunate to beat UK this past year without a defense.

I was at the game. We were not fortunate. UK folded like a cheap tent, like they always do, starting with the very first play of the game. They’re lucky Jalin Hyatt stepped out of bounds because the rout would’ve been on at that point. Instead of going up 21-7, we fumbled 2 plays later and they scored to tie it and we found ourselves in a fight. But, there was never, ever a doubt in my mind that when the chips were down, we would be victorious. Even when they converted 4th and 18. They’re UK and they’re trash. And it’s funny how UK supposedly had one of the best defenses in the SEC the week prior to playing us and we carved them up like they were an FCS defense. And it’s also funny how Stoops is supposed to be some great defensive coach but he had a linebacker try to cover Velus Jones one on one and left Florida’s WR’s uncovered twice a couple years ago. Haha!

Last edited:
Damn you gentlemen need a Xanax. We still get his final OV unless I’ve missed something? Kentucky has some momentum coming off a visit there, that likely changes after his visit to Tennessee.
Maybe, but we got CJ Allen's last visit, too. The nut kicks have been plentiful, lately, so I understand those who are at the very least concerned enough to be aware of where the panic button is.

Maybe, but we got CJ Allen's last visit, too. The nut kicks have been plentiful, lately, so I understand those who are at the very least concerned enough to be aware of where the panic button is.
Allen isnt concerning.

Conyer on other hand. As Bra alluded, is.

Allen is different though bc it was considered a huge stretch that we would get him and that relied on Georgia not wanting him. It’s not time to freak out until after signing day ends.

Reactions: bluegrasser

VN Store

Back