‘23 GA LB CJ Allen (UGA Commit)

And this is why we will never win the East again as long as Kirby is coaching Georgia. We can’t get any elite talent out of Georgia anymore not like we used too anyway

It was pretty obvious he wasn’t coming here when he said great in every sentence of that interview lol. That’s like the biggest tell of someone lying through their teeth and nervous. Have fun in Athens riding the bench.

179.gif

Seriously though, two things I never worry too much about losing to UGA are RB's and LB's. They have always done well putting both in the league. WR's and QB's are a different story.

This kid was known to be a major UGA lean before his OV here. All this means is that Kirby decided to accept his commitment now instead of waiting for other guys on their board. The dominoes are starting to fall. We have won a couple of these battles already, and we will win (and lose) a few more.

So GA took him so we could not get him? Since there’s no limit they can take the ones they were on the fence on and still go after the ones they really want.

This kid was known to be a major UGA lean before his OV here. All this means is that Kirby decided to accept his commitment now instead of waiting for other guys on their board. The dominoes are starting to fall. We have won a couple of these battles already, and we will win (and lose) a few more.
This^^^ Always was going to be Georgia if they were willing to take him. This was never in question, the question was whether they would take him with him being further down the board.

Admittedly I only know what I read on here, but it has been stated there were several on their board ahead of him. True? Have they committed somewhere else?

I'm not an insider, and Kirby doesn't let much info about their recruiting process leak out. Just going by the fact that he's listed as having a UGA offer for over a year, and I've seen his name mentioned frequently on UGA boards, I'd guess he's had a solid offer for a while. Since the early years of the Richt era, Georgia has tended to hold off on in-state offers until they're reasonably sure, because if/when UGA reneges on an in-state football scholarship offer without a good reason, the HS coaches take it personally.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
I'm not an insider, and Kirby doesn't let much info about their recruiting process leak out. Just going by the fact that he's listed as having a UGA offer for over a year, and I've seen his name mentioned frequently on UGA boards, I'd guess he's had a solid offer for a while. Since the early years of the Richt era, Georgia has tended to hold off on in-state offers until they're sure, because if/when UGA reneges on an in-state football scholarship offer, the HS coaches take it personally.
I can guarantee all offers Georgia sends out are not committable right away. I think that goes both ways as well on the offer, if you offer too late it pisses ppl off, if you don’t accept when they’re ready to commit it pisses them off also.

I'm not an insider, and Kirby doesn't let much info about their recruiting process leak out. Just going by the fact that he's listed as having a UGA offer for over a year, and I've seen his name mentioned frequently on UGA boards, I'd guess he's had a solid offer for a while. Since the early years of the Richt era, Georgia has tended to hold off on in-state offers until they're reasonably sure, because if/when UGA reneges on an in-state football scholarship offer, the HS coaches take it personally.
No offense to you because I don’t give likes or respond to opposing fans posts, but you have always been respectful here when you post, but I agree I thought he was going to your team from the get go. There was no secret buildup here. I won’t however tell him or your team good luck and I’m sure you understand why.

I can guarantee all offers Georgia sends out are not committable right away. I think that goes both ways as well on the offer, if you offer too late it pisses ppl off, if you don’t accept when they’re ready to commit it pisses them off also.

I'm not completely disagreeing with you, but I've followed UGA recruiting for a long time and they are careful about who and when they offer in-state. They've irritated plenty of GA HS folks by dragging their heels on offers because they don't like to tell them "we've changed our mind". Sort of like the old saying goes, don't [poop icon here] where you eat.

VN Store

Back