Being Hated

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I miss and love the days the Vols were so good, a lot of folks hated us. Hated playing us, hated our success, hated our rocking defenses, and everything else orange. Hope we're on the way back to that hate, as it appears the NIL thing might be kickstarting it, ohhh yeah!
Source: Tennessee football: Quote shows coaches clearly bitter at Vols over NIL

I miss and love the days the Vols were so good, a lot of folks hated us. Hated playing us, hated our success, hated our rocking defenses, and everything else orange. Hope we're on the way back to that hate, as it appears the NIL thing might be kickstarting it, ohhh yeah!
I agree, but we don't have a monopoly on available funds for NIL. We got off to a slow start, then got organized, then others will catch up. Major difference is the admin/coaches are no longer dysfunctional, and are seemingly competent/good coaches (so far), and setting a culture to foster program growth which leapfrogs us back to faster hopeful SEC contention...but one advantage not easily duplicated is our massive and passionate fan base. When you put all these things together, pulling in the right direction, we'll be back to being hated sooner than later.

Personally, I can't wait for the new excuses to start from all our rivals if/when we actually win something. NIL, Golf Balls, Mustard Bottles, Mcds bags, Albert Means, Phil's a rat/The Great Pumkin/backstabber, Johnny Majors is an alky, etc.

Bring that chit to me, man. BRING THAT CHIT TO ME.

Personally, I can't wait for the new excuses to start from all our rivals if/when we actually win something. NIL, Golf Balls, Mustard Bottles, Mcds bags, Albert Means, Phil's a rat/The Great Pumkin/backstabber, Johnny Majors is an alky, etc.

Bring that chit to me, man. BRING THAT CHIT TO ME.

Is very bad to take Phil’s donuts.

Is VERY bad.

That's why baseball has been so fun. I have enjoyed the swag. Hopefully we can get it back in Neyland soon .

Talk about a clickbait article. The anonymous coach comment wasn't hateful, he was just stating a fact. If you can go out and buy players, which is what's happening now, then yeah, the presence of the portal shortens the turnaround time for adding talent. I think there's coaches who hate the reality of the situation we're in, and that's understandable. But frankly, if that comment was supposed to be hateful toward Tennessee, then that anonymous coach needs to go to the hate transfer portal and buy him some better hate.

Seriously. I know news is sparse during the summer but c'mon now.

Last edited:
I recently had a fan dogging the Vols because of a shirt I was wearing while on my morning jaunt. I simply stop and ask, "and who are you a fan of?". His reply, "Memphis Tigers baby and I HATE Tennessee!". My simple response ..."IF I were a Memphis fan...I'd probably hate the Vols too"! He took it EXACTLY how I meant it but I wasn't sure of the words he was spewing out as I jogged away! And I laughed all the way home. :cool:

Real hate transcends to even bad years. Florida is the most hated team in college football because we have the most rivals, and we’re hated just as much when we suck.

Rivals:
Georgia
FSU
Miami - probably the most intense hatred even though we no longer play every year.
TN - it has lost some luster but nobody hates FL more than a TN fan.
LSU - what FL-TN was in the 90’s.

Then we have a next tier of haters:
KY hates UF for some reason, a hatred that actually started because FL under Billy Donovan challenged their basketball dominance, coupled with the 33 years in a row thing in football.
SC - became a rivalry when Spurrier coached there, and then Muschamp.
UCF - they hate FL because we’ll forever be their big brother.
Auburn - don’t play them every year but this was a super intense rivalry for several decades.

That’s 9 programs with a healthy hatred of Florida.

Real hate transcends to even bad years. Florida is the most hated team in college football because we have the most rivals, and we’re hated just as much when we suck.

Rivals:
Georgia
FSU
Miami - probably the most intense hatred even though we no longer play every year.

KY hates UF for some reason, a hatred that actually started because FL under Billy Donovan challenged their basketball dominance, coupled with the 33 years in a row thing in football.
Auburn - don’t play them every year but this was a super intense rivalry for several decades.

Don’t forget all the innocent people victimized by Urban Meyer’s teams. Their families probably hate you too.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

Rivals:
Georgia
FSU

Valid point. Unfortunately for UF, much like UT, the hatred is for past dominance...but certainly hasn't been truly in the ditch as much as UT the past decade. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to see the SEC power switch back to the east...but then again, who knows what "east" will look like in a year or so.

Rivals:
Georgia
FSU

I thought every football program in the free world hated the Gators.

Talk about a clickbait article. The anonymous coach comment wasn't hateful, he was just stating a fact. If you can go out and buy players, which is what's happening now, then yeah, the presence of the portal shortens the turnaround time for adding talent. I think there's coaches who hate the reality of the situation we're in, and that's understandable. But frankly, if that comment was supposed to be hateful toward Tennessee, then that anonymous coach needs to go to the hate transfer portal and buy him some better hate.
Seriously. I know news is sparse during the summer but c'mon now.

I got yours.
1655762456443.png

Georgia Tech and Clemson are the only two programs we’re somewhat “buddies” with. Tech has a mutual hatred for Georgia and so many Gator and Tech fans have a mutual love of the Braves, plus Gator fans pull for them to beat FSU and Miami, and Georgia (although we know that’s a long shot).

Clemson plays FSU and Miami, we root for them. They root for us to beat South Carolina.

Otherwise yes, everyone else hates us.

lol, I literally thought from title this was just op finally confessing to the board about his/her thread starts, too funny.

typical thread with clickbait link though....great, thanks :(

I’m not sure what’s worse the Gator players, coaches or fans. The way they all quit mid-season is the worst.

Hate really isn’t the right word, it’s more of a disappointment in them. They are in the SEC and when the going gets tough the quit. It’s an embarrassment to the SEC and football in general.

I’m sure there will be those that stick up for them and try to justify how often they quit, but it won’t change the fact that they quit mid-season on a regular basis.

Clemson is by far the most annoying. They play in a weak conference, they don’t dominate it every year and they complain about not getting the respect they deserve. Who do they think they are? Why do they think they deserve any respect? Reminds me of Ohio St.

At least they don’t quit mid-season.

Now we need to transfer all our frustrations to the football field and do some serious butt whippin. I cannot help but believe that we now have the talent /players to play with some of these , big dogs that claim they are the best. Florida, for example, we have just as good players as do they. Probably better than them in some areas. Lots of our win lose reasoning is between the ears.........................WE MUST START BELIEVEING THAT WE CAN WIN EVERY GAME WHEN WE TAKE THE FIELD. Our mental attitude goes a long way in sports, look at Ole Miss baseball team. We beat them like a drum in the regular season and now they have an excellent chance to win it all. They demolished Arky last night. In closing.....................I am looking for 8 or 9 wins this season. Even the pessimist that I am must change my attitude.

I’m not sure what’s worse the Gator players, coaches or fans. The way they all quit mid-season is the worst.

Hate really isn’t the right word, it’s more of a disappointment in them. They are in the SEC and when the going gets tough the quit. It’s an embarrassment to the SEC and football in general.

I’m sure there will be those that stick up for them and try to justify how often they quit, but it won’t change the fact that they quit mid-season on a regular basis.

Clemson is by far the most annoying. They play in a weak conference, they don’t dominate it every year and they complain about not getting the respect they deserve. Who do they think they are? Why do they think they deserve any respect? Reminds me of Ohio St.

At least they don’t quit mid-season.
Florida hasn't been relevant since their Urban Meyer days and as we all know, he was a total scumbag

My recommendation for them:
tumblr_o58t914lf41sl21koo1_540.gifv

VN Store

Back