‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

I thought you said it doesn't matter where you go? Kind of contradicting yourself with the "NFL's minor league" thing.
Bottom line is OSU plays in the "B" league and UT plays in the "A" league. If UT dropped down a division and played your schedule, we'd have your success after 5-6 years and y'all would be a mid pack SEC team after the same amount of time.

What's OSU's record against the SEC? Just wondering.
This is a good question so I looked it up. Last time I'm commenting in here I promise

Ole Miss: N/A
MSU: N/A
A&M: 4-0
UK: 3-0
Mizzou: 10-1-1
Vandy: 3-1
Arkansas: 1-0
LSU: 1-1-1
Auburn: 0-1-1
Bama: 1-4
Georgia: 0-1
Tennessee: 0-1
Florida: 0-1
SC: 0-2

In the last decade, the only SEC team we've played is Bama and we're 1-1.

This is a good question so I looked it up. Last time I'm commenting in here I promise

The Mizzou and A&M games are all pre-2000, before they were in the SEC

If you take those games out, OSU is 9-12-2

0-1 vs VOLS not sure about the rest
I just checked. 23-14-3. Thats including new SEC additions from before they were in the SEC, but i think thats a fair thing to do. That equates to an 8-4 season with just SEC games. Prolly 9-3 ish with full SEC slate and non conference. Not so bad. The problem is they are 2-10-2 against upper tier SEC (Aub, Lsu, Bama, Uga, Florida, UT). That will keep them firmly in the 2nd tier.

You gonna count those A&M & Mizzou wins, even though they weren't in the SEC? Pad them stats. You're still an 8-4 team here, including those. You're 9-12 without them, or a 5-7 team.

You gonna count those A&M & Mizzou wins, even though they weren't in the SEC? Pad them stats. You're still an 8-4 team here, including those. You're 9-11 without them, or a 5-7 team.
Historically maybe yes. Ohio State went into a different tier when Urban took over. 1-1 against the SEC since then, and it was Bama in the semifinals and Bama in the title game.

Historically maybe yes. Ohio State went into a different tier when Urban took over. 1-1 against the SEC since then, and it was Bama in the semifinals and Bama in the title game.
Urban probably doesn’t take the job if OSU is in the SEC, given that he had to get a heart condition (or was it “wanted to spend time with family”) to find a way out of the SEC the first time.

VN Store

Back