The Dugout - General Topics, Chat, Random Photos and Memes.......No Politics

I also wish we could have seen Jose Fernandez for an entire career. I remember the Braves were suppose to play the Marlins that day but was cancelled, for good reason. Just another reminder that drugs/alcohol and motor vehicles do not mix.

There's only one. Rivera, of course.
Something I had not known about, Rivera was unprotected by the Yankees during the 1992 expansion draft. The Marlins were set to select Rivera with their next pick, however the Rockies selected Brad Ausmus and the Yankees didn’t have to give up any more players. After Rivera had struggled through 1995, the Yankees considered trading him to Seattle for shortstop Felix Fermin, but Steinbrenner was finally convinced to hold onto RIvera and allow rookie shortstop Derek Jeter an opportunity to play. After the 1999 season, Rivera considered to retire and become a minister after 4 more seasons. He decided not to follow through with those plans, obviously. I can’t help but think that those Yankees teams would’ve looked a lot different without Rivera. Crazy to look back at how these decisions could have drastically changed the trajectory of that franchise during those years.

I assume most of you are Braves fans. Which MLB teams do you like?

I grew up in Knoxville so got to watch a lot of Braves. Remember watching Hank Aaron breaking the HR record. Liked the Big Red Machine with Johnny Bench. And always liked the Tigers since I was born in Michigan.

I grew up in Knoxville so got to watch a lot of Braves. Remember watching Hank Aaron breaking the HR record. Liked the Big Red Machine with Johnny Bench. And always liked the Tigers since I was born in Michigan.
My dad grew up a Reds fan because the Braves weren’t really the team of the South like they are now. I’m a diehard Braves fan but have always had a soft spot for the Reds. I also have the Chattanooga Lookouts here, which are a Reds affiliate. So I still have a connection with them that way.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

I’m a product of getting cable TV in the 80’s, Braves and Cubs. Kids today have no idea the 3-4 channel experience before cable

This is still my favorite sweatshirt. What a game!

View attachment 465384
“If Belinda goes 2-0 to Cabrera I’d have him take.”

Good call Tim 😁

You can watch the entire sequence of events or fast forward to 15 minutes for the last AB. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I’m a product of getting cable TV in the 80’s, Braves and Cubs. Kids today have no idea the 3-4 channel experience before cable
We only had a few channels in my household growing up until my dad figured out how to steal cable lol. Had the old school tv with the dial. I can’t remember but I feel like it was channel 3, 9, and 12. The local channels. Unless a game was on tv I was outside playing.

We only had a few channels in my household growing up until my dad figured out how to steal cable lol. Had the old school tv with the dial. I can’t remember but I feel like it was channel 3, 9, and 12. The local channels. Unless a game was on tv I was outside playing.
Yeah, I guess that’s why we were always outside, nothing to do inside…..the good ole days

“If Belinda goes 2-0 to Cabrera I’d have him take.”

Good call Tim 😁

You can watch the entire sequence of events or fast forward to 15 minutes for the last AB. Enjoy!

I loved the homer calls of Skip Carey during this game. I watched it and was jumping all over the place with them. What a game. Unforgettable.

We had 6 and 10 on VHF and 26 on UHF, then my life was changed forever when 43 came along on VHF!
G.I. JOE, He-Man, Thundercats...
The good ol’ days!

VN Store

Back