I'm sorry!

Razback, I gave you a like because I think you may be sincere. I hesitate to post this since I have never responded to a post of a non-Vol. I accept everyone’s opinion even if I don’t like or disagree with it. I am overhelmingly disappointed the Vols didn’t win their last game but I am extrememely proud of what these Vols accomplished. Winning the SEC by the largest margin ever and ranking with the all-time best teams in SEC history is awesome and will not be forgotten.

So don’t be sorry for us because I would not be sorry for you. No disrespect intended. I appreciate your dedication to your team is as deep as mine is to the Vols. This is baseball. Competition is fierce and especially in the SEC. I have no allegiances to any other team and no feelings one way or another when another team loses. At the same time, there is no team I wouldn’t pull for if it meant that it helped UT in the standings. I am confident Coach Vitello will continue to keep UT as a perennial top SEC and national team. I think he is the best coach in college baseball. Like it or not, UT has joined you at the top of the SEC in baseball. There will be many opportunities in the future for growth in this rivalry, perhaps even meeting in the post-season. GBO!!
Thanks for the honest reply. My main point is that I truly wanted to see Arkansas and Tennessee play and I realized that the only way it could happen was if both Arkansas and Tenn made it to Omaha. Feeling sorry for Tennessee? I do. I know it hurts. I know how it feels. Arkansas was #1 the entire season last year and missed Omaha by one game. And I do hate to see anyone hurt. See you next year in basketball and baseball. Go Hogs!

Thanks for the honest reply. My main point is that I truly wanted to see Arkansas and Tennessee play and I realized that the only way it could happen was if both Arkansas and Tenn made it to Omaha. Feeling sorry for Tennessee? I do. I know it hurts. I know how it feels. Arkansas was #1 the entire season last year and missed Omaha by one game. And I do hate to see anyone hurt. See you next year in basketball and baseball. Go Hogs!

Did you have this realization before or after being knocked out of the SEC Tournament?

The season is broken up into three parts.

Regular Season ✅
SEC Tournament ✅
World Series

Tennessee has won two of those by a large margin.

True, Arkansas made the WS and Tennessee didn’t, that said the Razorbacks haven’t won anything yet.

Even if they do I don’t know how you can say their season surpassed the Vols.
Whoever wins the CWS can certainly and rightfully say that their season surpassed the Vols.

The season is broken up into three parts.

Regular Season ✅
SEC Tournament ✅
World Series

Tennessee has won two of those by a large margin.

True, Arkansas made the WS and Tennessee didn’t, that said the Razorbacks haven’t won anything yet.

Even if they do I don’t know how you can say their season surpassed the Vols.
The only way their season surpasses ours is if they win the WS. If not, then winning the regular season and SEC tourney titles is a greater feet.

Dear Vols, I'm a die-hard Razorback fan. However, I'm not here to trash you. I truly am sorry that you didn't make it to Omaha. As you know, Tennessee and Arkansas did not have the opportunity to play each other this season. My hope was that we would meet in the College World series. I was very curious to see how the Hogs measured up to Tennessee. Again, I'm sorry that you just came up short. I'm really looking forward to the possibility of playing against you guys next year. Until then, Razback
Do you need a hug?

Far from over. Judging by the bracket, I really thought this would be the year Arky and DVH won the title.

10 years from now, nobody will remember this season for anything other than a dominant team that won the SEC easily but underachieved in the NCAA. It's like basketball, all that matters is the post season. It was fun to follow the team all season long though. From now on, just make the tournament and do your damage there.

Reactions: iluvsmesumdooley
10 years from now, nobody will remember this season for anything other than a dominant team that won the SEC easily but underachieved in the NCAA. It's like basketball, all that matters is the post season. It was fun to follow the team all season long though. From now on, just make the tournament and do your damage there.

My 9 and 11 year old sons and I will definitely always remember this season, as will many others on this board. At the end of the day, why do we care about whether anyone else remembers or not?

My 9 and 11 year old sons and I will definitely always remember this season, as will many others on this board. At the end of the day, why do we care about whether anyone else remembers or not?
Exactly This 👆
Some of my very best memories are games I spent watching with my dad. Enjoy the ride and the moments.

You couldn’t be more wrong. First SEC Championship in over 3 decades and a 57 win season will be remembered for a long time.

You couldn’t be more wrong. First SEC Championship in over 3 decades and a 57 win season will be remembered for a long time.

Barring something crazy happening in Omaha, most of the college baseball world will likely remember this season mostly for what the Vols did (in a positive light). Certainly UT baseball fans should.

Exactly This 👆
Some of my very best memories are games I spent watching with my dad. Enjoy the ride and the moments.

My 8 year old son and my 6 year old daughter along with my wife and I will never forget sitting in the heat in Hoover watching us beat the gators to win the SEC championship, getting some of the confetti streamers and giving TV, Trey Lipscomb and Jorel Ortega fives after the game. The impact that this season had on kids across our state will help grow the game...I know it has in my household at least.

A disappointing ending of course but man what a season and what an impact this team made on Tennessee athletics as a whole and so many future Vols for life.

As for the rest of the SEC in the CWS...as much as I don't like OU, gotta say Boomer Sooner at this point - lesser of the remaining evils.

I know it's an unpopular opinion here, but I always pull for SEC teams if they are playing a non SEC team as it makes us and everyone else look better. As they say "A rising tide lifts all boats".

Don't get me wrong I love watching Vandy beat another SEC team in football as long as it's not us, but I want to be the best of the best and the only way to do that is if there is no doubt that this is the best conference for any given sport.

VN Store

Back