Official Gramps' Memorial Eternal OT Thread

My sister had clots - her lungs also after ankle surgery. The left atrial appendage looks like a little stub on the left atrium where blood can pool and clot. The Watchman looks a little like an umbrella that closes it off, skin grows over the device and basically gives the atrium smooth walls so the blood doesn't get a chance to enter a stagnant area and clot. The success rate in preventing strokes is apparently up in the 90% range, so I'm all for doing it. Timing was a big surprise though.
I'll be praying for you.

Thank you. I'll be back in a couple of days - should only be a one night stay in the hospital, and possibly not that since I'm the first one in the morning.

You are one tough bird. Wouldn't want you for Thanksgiving

200.gif

He swaps LSes in everything. Put one in a blender 2 weeks ago.
I’ll admit I’d put a cam in my riding lawn mower if I could find one. I’ve tweaked on my 4 wheeler and bumped it up a few horsepower and added a roller clutch kit. It’s a big heavy automatic but it will yank the front wheels up.

You are one tough bird. Wouldn't want you for Thanksgiving

200.gif

I think Ash gets that title. Anyway I'm back home. The procedure went great - I was even awake and remember, but it didn't work. Turns out my atrial appendage is irregular - like a lot of the rest of my body, and a round closure just wasn't' going to plug the hole. The surgeon said she tried three sizes each a couple of times and they popped back out. There's something else in development, so maybe in the future. I will say that if any of you guys are at risk for strokes due to atrial fibrillation, I'd go for the Watchman - it was an easy process.

I think Ash gets that title. Anyway I'm back home. The procedure went great - I was even awake and remember, but it didn't work. Turns out my atrial appendage is irregular - like a lot of the rest of my body, and a round closure just wasn't' going to plug the hole. The surgeon said she tried three sizes each a couple of times and they popped back out. There's something else in development, so maybe in the future. I will say that if any of you guys are at risk for strokes due to atrial fibrillation, I'd go for the Watchman - it was an easy process.
Damn that’s a shame.

Did you get something like a Painless wiring harness for it? I don’t remember if you were going to go carburetor or EFI for fuel delivery.

I ordered a harness from PSI conversion. Very well made and easy install. They provided the reflashed ECM, harness, ground straps, etc.

Fuel delivery is injected with 50# deatschwerks injectors.

OK that looks like fuel rails with fuel injectors next to the intake manifold, but what are the things on the valve covers? I see what looks like spark plug connectors, but that assembly is something completely new to me.

Those are ignition coils. No more distributors needed since timing advancement can now be done thru the ECM with proper software.

VN Store

Back