Incoming transfers

Interesting. Is he a freshmen? Otherwise, I’d imagine he’d owe some money to the Air Force
No he’d be a Junior. Can transfer before next year or he’s locked in with Air Force. Hit .314 with 13 HRs and 10 2Bs. Also started 15 games at pitcher with 85 IP at 2.73 ERA. Will primarily play catcher, but would expect him to get some save opportunities.

Also in on Tommy White which should be the #1 priority. In his top 4 teams considering.

No he’d be a Junior. Can transfer before next year or he’s locked in with Air Force. Hit .314 with 13 HRs and 10 2Bs. Also started 15 games at pitcher with 85 IP at 2.73 ERA. Will primarily play catcher, but would expect him to get some save opportunities.

Also in on Tommy White which should be the #1 priority. In his top 4 teams considering.

Thanks. No idea if the service academies are different, I just know someone who left West Point after his freshmen year and owed Uncle Sam a few years salary.

Our chances to land White likely increased following FSU's firing of their coach last week. He was used as a DH as a freshman and he wants to play the field. I agree on him being a priority. We definitely need a catcher.

They do, I hire the Instructors.
Then it should not be a problem if he is interested in coming here. He will not have to pay the DOD anything and he can still maintain his obligation to the AF.
If he is good enough to go Pro then that can be negotiated down the road. See Sampson. There are many examples of Players in ROTC with Careers in Major Sports. It is a moving target but it can be worked through to everybody's satisfaction and he can honor his commitment to the AF without any penalty

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Then it should not be a problem if he is interested in coming here. He will not have to pay the DOD anything and he can still maintain his obligation to the AF.
If he is good enough to go Pro then that can be negotiated down the road. See Sampson. There are many examples of Players in ROTC with Careers in Major Sports. It is a moving target but it can be worked through to everybody's satisfaction and he can honor his commitment to the AF without any penalty

I know it’s a case by case basis, but I think they usually let them commission in the reserves if they have a shot at being a pro athlete.

Just funny to think you can be a pro athlete and miss a game to attend drill. I’m sure all that gets worked out behind the scenes though.

Thanks. No idea if the service academies are different, I just know someone who left West Point after his freshmen year and owed Uncle Sam a few years salary.
You can walk away from the Academies after two years with no penalty. If you leave any time after starting your third year, you have to pay.

My biggest concern with us possibly landing Tommy Tanks would be FSU hiring Link Jarrett. If they do that, I have a feeling FSU will be tough to beat out for him.

Hope I'm wrong. He would be a massive get.

Reactions: Bigun
My biggest concern with us possibly landing Tommy Tanks would be FSU hiring Link Jarrett. If they do that, I have a feeling FSU will be tough to beat out for him.

Hope I'm wrong. He would be a massive get.

I think regardless of who goes to FSU, it’s where he’ll eventually land. Feels like distance to home is a big factor for him just based on what has been reported.

I know it’s a case by case basis, but I think they usually let them commission in the reserves if they have a shot at being a pro athlete.

Just funny to think you can be a pro athlete and miss a game to attend drill. I’m sure all that gets worked out behind the scenes though.
Yea it has happened in many previous cases....Technically depending on his positioned once commissioned his reserve commitments can be differed to the off season.
If he took a commission in the TNANG for example McGhee Tyson would be a landing Spot.
There is a reason the AF Academy will allow this to happen and it is not a bad thing.
The Service Academies do this more than you can image with Athletes. It is good for both the Academy and the College Athlete.

You can walk away from the Academies after two years with no penalty. If you leave any time after starting your third year, you have to pay.
That applies to the SROTC programs not the Academies. Different beast...
I stand corrected this has changed you are Correct...

VN Store

Back