The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Sadly I have plenty of Tennessee comparisons across many sports I can think of:

Tennessee vs. Michigan 2022
Tennessee vs. Purdue 2019
Tennessee vs. UNC 2000

Tennessee vs. LSU 2001 SEC Championship
You can say that about any College Teams.
We have a tendency to over look the victories that got us there.

Each one of the losses have a reasonable explanation as to why....some were due to officiating today Some were due to hesitation on 3 parts. Coach, Liscomb and Gilbert...

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How were we outcoached?
We would not have been there without Vitello. He’s an elite coach, and to be honest I feel uncomfortable criticizing him even a little bit simply because of the unbelievable job he has done. But let’s be honest with ourselves and also recognize that he has had better days. Notre Dame knew we tend to score in bunches, and they pulled their pitchers at the first sign of trouble to limit that. We, by contrast, waited two at-bats too late to pull Burns and it cost us. We can recognize the truly remarkable and exception coaching job that Vitello has done here while also recognizing there were some managing mistakes today. It’s baseball. It happens.

When I loved pro baseball, I rooted for Braves Maddux/Glavine and Smoltz. Probably one of the greatest pitching trios ever -- and they only won the World series once. I love this team, and they had a great year. I just can't gripe and complain about them. Don't really care to read it. I guess I'm going to sign out now.

I've turned the channel right after the final out. I'm not going to let this game determine how I feel about this team no matter how difficult. Sometimes you just don't get the bounce your way. We made enough errors to lose and they were costly.

I'm pulling an an SEC team to win it all.
Be a man, watch them celebrate. I always make it a point to when we get beat. The players have to watch it, I like to think I'm suffering with them.

Trying to look at it like I do with basketball. We've never been as consistently good at baseball or basketball as we have been the past few seasons. You never know how things are going to shake out in a tournament. If you get there enough, things will eventually fall your way.

Tony has done a great job with this program. If he stays here, we'll get a Natty. Sucks it wasn't this year, but it happens.
You can only be disappointed when you care. I remember many, many years when I didn’t follow Vol basketball or baseball at ALL. And I go back to Ernie & Bernie.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Losses like this are why I can’t get invested in Tenn athletics as I used too.

This season was awesome and great things are in store for this baseball program. In fact, athletics at UT is in the best shape it’s been in decades. Things are looking up. And there’s plenty of fun to be had even when the team doesn’t win it all.

Had to switch it off before I witnessed the Notre Dame celebration on our field. 🤢
I hope Vitello watches every second of it, along with the ones coming back next year.
I hope it gnaws at him all the way through until this time next year.
And i hope it motivates them all to fix the stupid mistakes that cost this game:
Poor decision on the pitcher.
Throwing errors.
Baserunning errors.
We can talk all day about how good this team is, but those are mental mistakes that cannot be made at this stage in the season and a win to be expected.
Notre Dame (as bad as I loathe all things about that team) came in here loose and with just enough talent and mental focus to stay the course, and they deserve to win and celebrate on our field.
See y’all in the fall. I’ve enjoyed every second of following this great season with you all.
Go Big Orange.

Going to sulk into my BVS for the next couple of days but I’m grateful for the energy both locally and nationally that this team brought. I’ve watched more baseball games this year than I have the last 10 years combined whether that be college or MLB.

VN Store

Back