The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

I'm not feeling great about this game, but folks, this team is still WAY capable of winning the championship even without Gilbert. Next man up. They will definitely have to bow up and bring their best, but this is a deep team. Don't count them out because of one player's absence -- not even one of the best players.

Hell be in the pros next year. Say the same thing and nothing will happen. Honestly he likely only got tossed because he looked at the ump and said it. If he says that and doesn't turn around nothing happens. It's why umps are soft.

Have you watched much MLB? Players defintely get tossed for saying what he did. There are plenty of umps in the majors with short fuses.

Should not have wasted Joyce. Get Manning the hell away from this team.

Joyce eating up innings is the best possible thing that could have happened today after Tidwell was chased with only 3 innings of work. It will be a full bullpen on deck tomorrow. Tie it up and let it rip for game 3 with Omaha on the line.

I have worried as the year went on that our "bad boy" persona might bite us, at some point. In baseball, the umps have more influence than in any other sport.

Yup. I love the edge they brought but worried about what might happen in a melt down.

I’d hate to lose the series to ND but even if that happens, lots of great memories for me. Never really followed UT baseball until last year.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back