Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even going to lie…watching the highlights from the game Cortland Lawson has pi$$ed me off all over again 😂😂 glad we got the Win but hope he makes strides to improve his craft.errors like that will cost you Omaha,these last couple have weeks have been rough for him.
Defensively he has been very good in recent games - I don’t know what the heck was going on with him last night though.

Last night’s game in general might serve as a good kick in the pants to Lawson to regain focus for next weekend.

Not even going to lie…watching the highlights from the game Cortland Lawson has pi$$ed me off all over again 😂😂 glad we got the Win but hope he makes strides to improve his craft.errors like that will cost you Omaha,these last couple have weeks have been rough for him.

I'm hoping a few of our guys that have seemed to be in slumps snap out of them in the home stretch.

Luc hasn't been hitting great, Cortland hasn't been great in the field, and some of our pitchers have struggled a bit (Joyce had a very rough go in the SEC Tournament in his limited time for example).

But at this point it seems like the pressure should be off a bit...no shame in losing in the Supers or the CWS if we make it there so maybe they'll play a bit looser and continue to take care of business. Good to see that we can win games though without having to rely on the long ball.

I mean I can only speak for myself...but I just don't care that much. You're playing a game, trash talking happens by both sides the entire time. When UT fans point it out we get hit with "don't like it, get better" well now that we are better in baseball it's blown up into something far more than it really is by everyone else.

Look at the Ole Miss thing. HUGE media coverage, within a few months the same exact thing happened after the Cowboys lost to the 49ers in the Wild card. But if you google search "football fans throw things on field" guess how many stories are about the Cowboys vs the Vols?

I don't agree with poor sportsmanship or terrible fan behavior, but it's very painfully obvious that media coverage has huge bias against TN in all things sports related.
Totally agree with everything you just said. I'm in the same boat.

I also kindly reminded them that Logan Tanner trying to injure Evan Russell in the State series is far worse than a finger.

At the same time I don't think Tanner is a dirty, classless player. He had a bad moment in frustration. A single moment doesn't make a person, habits do (looking at you George Pickens).

Defensively he has been very good in recent games - I don’t know what the heck was going on with him last night though.

Last night’s game in general might serve as a good kick in the pants to Lawson to regain focus for next weekend.
I think both of the last two games showed us making defensive mistakes and having performances from pitchers that have been uncharacteristic of this team all year.

I hope we have that out of our system now and we can make the routine defensive plays and our aces get back to dominating.

It sure looked like he did and I would love nothing more than for you to be right and me to be wrong. Would love to see a clearer picture of it.
Umpire reviews can be wrong because they didn't have a clearer picture. That's another reason why he shouldn't be punished.

I love the kid's attitude, but man, he has got to get it together. SS is the one position in the IF you have to be stellar on D and he has stunk up the field the past couple of games. That's a big ask to overcome with the competition and pressure of Omaha. He lets the ball come to him when it is hit in front of him with a crap arm to go with it. Has a hitch and slow release plus the inaccuracy. Have seen him do better than this, so I know he can do it. Cannot depend on Luc to cover for him every game.

Reactions: UTSuave’
I'm hoping a few of our guys that have seemed to be in slumps snap out of them in the home stretch.

Luc hasn't been hitting great, Cortland hasn't been great in the field, and some of our pitchers have struggled a bit (Joyce had a very rough go in the SEC Tournament in his limited time for example).

But at this point it seems like the pressure should be off a bit...no shame in losing in the Supers or the CWS if we make it there so maybe they'll play a bit looser and continue to take care of business. Good to see that we can win games though without having to rely on the long ball.

Idk man…I think we have different opinions on that anything less than a title in Omaha is a bust..we’ve been number 1 all year dominating the college baseball world by a large margin..I understand it’s difficult to win in Omaha but our stats support us winning it all..I understand it is sports though and anything can happen.I’m hopeful though.

Oh snap...

Next year is Disney trip...anyone got any recommendations on rides worth the wait or rides to avoid?

We'll be there 4 full days and likely hitting one park per day. The kiddo will be 9 so he should be able to ride most everything.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Idk man…I think we have different opinions on that anything less than a title in Omaha is a bust..we’ve been number 1 all year dominating the college baseball world by a large margin..I understand it’s difficult to win in Omaha but our stats support us winning it all..I understand it is sports though and anything can happen.I’m hopeful though.

I agree it's a bust, but I said there's no shame in losing now.

You go in as the clear cut #1 team and don't make it out of your regional that you're hosting = big time let down. I think best of 3 we should be able to pull it off, but just feels like a bit less pressure moving forward since making the Supers or the CWS is a far better place to lose than the regionals. That's all I meant.

No, the basepath is turf. I believe they changed this around 2018. As I remember it (I was working for UTK Facilities & Services at the time) the field manager at the time refused to maintain the clay pile properly (covering it for example) and allowed it to continuously erode into a storm drain and into the river. Which resulted in some fines and threats of fines from TDEC against the University.

It also eventually completely clogged a storm drain coming off the stadium and stormwater was backing up. They had to replace the line and were concerned about sinkholes if it ruptured. It was kind of a mess so they said screw it and put in turf.
So brownish turf?

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I had to come to the football forum to find out about baseball ;)
cop-what-are-you.gif

Have they showed every OU softball game prior to the softball CWS? Nah. And they may be the most dominant team in all of sports history (56-2 in softball/baseball is unspeakable).

Let's be real though. Did anyone here know who the best team was in 2018...17...16...15..etc etc?

College baseball is very insular. Few follow and few know. It is what it is. We can't act like we were all following CBB before TV showed up or that it's a major sport. But maybe DW and TV can change all of that...we're making it exciting. They were just waiting on us to bring the heat 👀 👀
Even without CTV - I‘d rather watch live baseball, or softball, or lacross, or rowing, or equestrian, etc. than replays of spring games over and over and over and over and over….

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back