Not Likely, But...

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
It would be a hoot if QBs under Heupel end up having outstanding seasons, end winning or nearly winning the Heisman, and the result being Arch Manning decides to come to Tennessee. Not likely, but it'd be a hoot if did happen.

1654509669782.png have happened. But personally, I think the reality is he will end with (gagging) Kiffin, Mike Leach, or Riley.

Brother, you speak as if Arch is going to spend years (plural) watching us before deciding. You talk about QBs (plural) having success as Vols, and seasons (plural) as well as Heisman campaigns (plural) passing.

Arch will make his college decision by the end of this coming season. He's going to watch Hendon Hooker play his senior year for the Vols. And then decide. There's no more time than that to impress him with Heup's QB whispering skill.

And yes, I agree with you, he's likely not coming to Tennessee. Anyway, we already have our future QB, Nico, in that class.

Brother, you speak as if Arch is going to spend years (plural) watching us before deciding. You talk about QBs (plural) having success as Vols, and seasons (plural) as well as Heisman campaigns (plural) passing.
Arch will make his college decision by the end of this coming season. He's going to watch Hendon Hooker play his senior year for the Vols. And then decide. There's no more time than that to impress him with Heup's QB whispering skill.
And yes, I agree with you, he's likely not coming to Tennessee. Anyway, we already have our future QB, Nico, in that class.

You be right. My bad, I just came through the Daffy-Cygnus Temporal Portal and got confused about the new timeline. Either that or the fault lies with Shirley's flavoring her special banana bread with George Dickel Rye.

Arch isn't coming to UT no matter what happens...even if he suddenly wanted to. Heupel and staff are fully committed to Nico Iamaleava and are only taking one QB. Also...Heupel and staff think Nico is the best 2023 QB, so why lose him for a lesser QB in Arch? Arch is good, but that Manning name is what so many get stuck on.

He's either going to a bad Texas team or National Champion UGA. My guess, Ga.
He would look great in Vol Orange, though!

How come?
Just because he has Manning behind his name...
Sorry very much not silly and at the moment he sure isn't helping any teams get out in front for recruiting for '23
Honestly, I don't think we recruit recruits for their ability to recruit others.

I've heard he's a pretty good high school player. Like one of the best in the nation. Famous last name or not, that might be worth something to a football coach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got Nico, and I appreciate Nico's recruiting efforts on the team's behalf. But that's not why we recruited him. Or any other player.

Arch would be a massively positive addition to the 2023 class. Let's don't pretend he wouldn't be, just because we're not in the competition for him.

The Vols wisely chose not to invest in the Manning competition. There are going to be several good QB's in this class. UT appears to have gotten one of them. He's been low drama and is right now trying to help build UT's class. I'm not sure why you're still dreaming about Manning.

How come?
Just because he has Manning behind his name...
Sorry very much not silly and at the moment he sure isn't helping any teams get out in front for recruiting for '23

He's not coming here and it's silly to even discuss. I just think it's silly to say you don't want him, especially because his name is Manning and you dont think he's all that good. If we needed a QB in 23, I'd very much like to have.

Silly. Imho.

Honestly, I don't think we recruit recruits for their ability to recruit others.

I've heard he's a pretty good high school player. Like one of the best in the nation. Famous last name or not, that might be worth something to a football coach.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got Nico, and I appreciate Nico's recruiting efforts on the team's behalf. But that's not why we recruited him. Or any other player.

Arch would be a massively positive addition to the 2023 class. Let's don't pretend he wouldn't be, just because we're not in the competition for him.

Am I the only one who hopes Arch is a bust, not total bust, just not "all that"

Am I the only one who hopes Arch is a bust, not total bust, just not "all that"
I hope you are. The only one.

He's a young man from a family we have reason to be grateful to. Why on earth would any of us wish him ill?

Now, if he ends up playing for a rival, then we can certainly hope they don't do well (particularly the week they play us). But the lad? No.

As long as Milton remains on the roster and was Heupel's #1 pick to be a starting QB, I'll reserve my long term judgement as to his ability to be a QB whisperer. He lucked out with Hooker who he had benched early for Milton and not recruited and saved his season last year.
He must have lucked up with Drew lock and Dillon Gabriel and Mackenzie Milton and Jordan love and sam Bradford too lol… if you hate heup just say that but don’t downplay what he has done at every single stop he has been at… by all accounts even hooker out his own mouth said Milton came in And earned the job… all heup can go on is practice and Qb is the one position that can’t get hit in practice so you can never fully judge a Qb until it’s live game time… CJH did that and all it took was 6 Qtrs for him to make the switch and never look back… so I’m not sure what your point is Milton earned the job in practice and lost it in game and heup produced yet another successful college Qb

VN Store

Back