Evan Russell not available tonight (Friday) now AVAILABLE

It’s a pretty serious and sensitive issue that it probably best to let ER talk about when/if he is ready to do so. Which is why TV and others are being pretty vague. These kinds of things don’t exactly have a timetable but I wouldn’t expect him back. ER needs plenty of prayers and support right now.
This has me seeing shades of Chris Lofton's situation, and I hope not.

e925fd65-116b-4cd4-9444-5e53722c6f0d_text.gif

The rumors are all over the place. I did hear that Evan’s dad reached out to other parents asking for T’s & P’s. Sounds like Evan is dealing with some personal things.

Reactions: Bigorange123
I can’t wait to hear for sure what is going on. I will tell you that Evan and I communicate regularly, and he usually texts me back but didn’t this afternoon. Whatever is going on happened in the past 24 hours. I’m afraid it is a failed test, which would be such a shame because he’s such a good guy and knows better.
With friends like you... geez.

Student athletes are covered by FERPA. Their educational records include their health records. Only under certain circumstances can a student’s records be released without the consent of the student. The student would have to authorize disclosure of his or her medical records to the media.

It’s a pretty serious and sensitive issue that it probably best to let ER talk about when/if he is ready to do so. Which is why TV and others are being pretty vague. These kinds of things don’t exactly have a timetable but I wouldn’t expect him back. ER needs plenty of prayers and support right now.

🙏🏼🙏🏼 for Evan. I’m so sad for him that he’s going through this right now. Sending positive energy and support.

I have a background in mental health counseling.

The mental health of student athletes is an important topic in the college sports realm right now. I realize this is a sensitive issue, but sadly, several D1 student athletes from across sports have committed suicide in the past several months. They are under more pressure than we can ever realize. If Evan is focusing on his mental health, I hope he is getting the help and support needed.

I have a background in mental health counseling.

The mental health of student athletes is an important topic in the college sports realm right now. I realize this is a sensitive issue, but sadly, several D1 student athletes from across sports have committed suicide in the past several months. They are under more pressure than we can ever realize. If Evan is focusing on his mental health, I hope he is getting the help and support needed.
Great post!!! 100% agree! Mental health for college athletics is at a all time low lately. If this is what it is, i hope for Evan to take as much time as needed and for him to get the help he needs. Some things are bigger than sports!!

Just heard from someone I very much trust a little bit of what is going on and prayers up to Evan. I will not repeat it here because I do not know Evan personally so I have no way of substantiating if this is true, but it’s someone I trust

I pray he gets better and is able to find his way back to the field to finish off what he has built here. Encouraging that his father has said he’s all good

Definitely discouraging the amount of lies that we’re spread about him, but in part I do think UT could’ve handled this whole scenario a little bit better than they did with the whole vague release prior to the game

Just heard from someone I very much trust a little bit of what is going on and prayers up to Evan. I will not repeat it here because I do not know Evan personally so I have no way of substantiating if this is true, but it’s someone I trust

I pray he gets better and is able to find his way back to the field to finish off what he has built here. Encouraging that his father has said he’s all good

Definitely discouraging the amount of lies that we’re spread about him, but in part I do think UT could’ve handled this whole scenario a little bit better than they did with the whole vague release prior to the game

Well that sure clarified things for us ;)

This, or some sort of serious and imminent mental health issue would make the most sense given the sensitivity and ambiguity of TV's comments and tone. I hope it's neither for Evan's sake. Prayers for him and his family.
I think that’s probably a fair assessment

Well that sure clarified things for us ;)
Do not want to add to the spreading of rumors in case it turns out to not be true. I’d say something along the lines of mental is good enough.

His dad has posted on Facebook that he’s all good so hopefully we get to see him back in that Vols uniform at least one last time

VN Store

Back