Official 2022 Summer Ball Thread

Any other comparable summer leagues in other areas?
You can almost attend the Gainesville Braves (in Ga) by boat as they play adjacent to Lake Lanier. I wish they’d be able to add dock access but I’m sure the Army Corp of Engineers won’t allow it (besides it being cost prohibitive) as would be an awesome experience! PS I think their new name is the Gol’diggers and they play in the Sunbelt League.

Please tell me we’re gonna see Tidwell on stilts and Gilbert with a flaming bat tonight?!
😎🙏
GBO!!
The players have to want to and must be part of the antics/show in Savannah all summer long. It’s a large part of what they do to put people in the stands. Not all players are in to that.

Appalachian League (Closest team to Knoxville would be Greeneville) is a college league funded by the MLB now. It didn't have many big names last year though.
The new Appy League is meant for younger players; some of the guys they’ll have this summer are playing high school baseball now and haven’t enrolled in college yet.

The old New York- Penn League is now called the Draft League where there are lots of players who are at or near the end of their eligibility and are hoping to get drafted.

The new Appy League is meant for younger players; some of the guys they’ll have this summer are playing high school baseball now and haven’t enrolled in college yet.

The old New York- Penn League is now called the Draft League where there are lots of players who are at or near the end of their eligibility and are hoping to get drafted.
Seems you really know all about the different leagues. Do you know anything about what type of summer leagues we have in my neck of the woods? I’m in the Clearwater area which is part of Tampa Bay.

Seems you really know all about the different leagues. Do you know anything about what type of summer leagues we have in my neck of the woods? I’m in the Clearwater area which is part of Tampa Bay.
All of the gorgeous beach scenery comes into focus…

Reactions: MAD
Used to live in Westchase and New Tampa. One of my favorite beaches is Ft Desoto St Park. Great place to take a kayak and beautiful beaches.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
There’s the Florida Gulf Coast League and the Florida Collegiate Summer League. I think the first one may be in your neck of the woods.

Tomorrow the Forest City Owls season begins with an exhibition game.

Thanks to the kindness of @txbo a number of tickets to all home games are being given to different area social service agencies so the people they’re involved with can have a night at the ballpark.

They’re called the Vol Nation tickets 😀 and will look like the below proof.

So thanks to the kindness of the west coast small ball, bunt lovin’ txbo!

4577810E-E331-472F-A9D1-32D664073576.jpeg

Curious: Do the players stay with host families during the summer league?
It's a combination for us. We have great host families (including the @preacherman20 family), we have space in a parsonage, and for the first time, some parents of guys from one college have rented a house.

It's a combination for us. We have great host families (including the @preacherman20 family), we have space in a parsonage, and for the first time, some parents of guys from one college have rented a house.
That’s awesome. I bet it’s a good time. How did you end of getting involved with the Owls?

Tomorrow the Forest City Owls season begins with an exhibition game.

Thanks to the kindness of @txbo a number of tickets to all home games are being given to different area social service agencies so the people they’re involved with can have a night at the ballpark.

They’re called the Vol Nation tickets 😀 and will look like the below proof.

So thanks to the kindness of the west coast small ball, bunt lovin’ txbo!

View attachment 457644
That’s awesome. Hope y’all have some fun with it. If it’s a successful event, we need to do it again.

That’s awesome. I bet it’s a good time. How did you end of getting involved with the Owls?
I guess the short story is a mutual friend introduced me and my business partner in the team to each other. This is our sixth year. I call it the best non paying job I’ve ever had because it makes me very happy. You have two guys who love baseball (and have wonderful, understanding wives) who try hard to make it all work.

I guess the short story is a mutual friend introduced me and my business partner in the team to each other. This is our sixth year. I call it the best non paying job I’ve ever had because it makes me very happy. You have two guys who love baseball (and have wonderful, understanding wives) who try hard to make it all work.
That’s awesome. 👍I bet the players appreciate all that you do. I’m sure it’s gratifying to see some of them progress up the ranks as well.

Post #50 in the thread has been updated. Best I can tell we don't have any players in Alaska, Great Lakes, Northwoods and sadly, no Pickles for the West Coast League. As always, it's a work in progress and is ever changing as long as we keep winning!

GBO!!!

Last edited:

VN Store

Back