War in Ukraine

You are aware that this was 8 years in the making, right? Russia tried to resolve this diplomatically with Minsk II ceasefire agreements and refused to annex the Donbas republics in 2014 when they had referendums for independence.
How does a referendum for INDEPENDENCE equal a justification for Russia to ANNEX them or prop them up in a losing war?

Putin stuck his nose in and made matters way worse than they were because he lost the long game. So he had to resort to violence and took 8 years building up justification and logistical support for the attack.

If only the world were that black and white.
It is. You just dont apply it equally.

You believe it is wrong Ukraine used force to retake its eastern provinces going back 2014. But you dont believe it's wrong that Russia is now using force to kill, in your opinion, hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians, based on your believed K : D ratio.

You believe it's wrong that the west is propping up Ukraine in their losing fight to remain independent. But you had no problem with Russia backing the rebels in a losing fight to be independent. Even though that backing going back 8 years is what to this larger conflict now. If the rebels had just rolled over this would be over.

The slant continues.

Last edited:
Not valid to you because of a likely held over bias from the Cold War towards Russians and added in with govt and media propaganda about the actual reasons for the conflict.
And valid to you because of your deep held anti US government bias, where ANYTHING that is counter to our government must be good.

Would you like it better if I had adjusted a few words just to make it absolutely clear?
I think you made yourself perfectly clear. Now here is my qyestion: Can I take your words here and use them as justification for some other country?

As to the second part - the spheres of influence, should we maintain that we rule the Western hemisphere and Asia belongs to China and Europe to Russia. That might get messy because Russia lies mostly in Asia, and you still have to account for Africa and huge parts of the Pacific and Atlantic and Indian Oceans.
Right now, I'm not so sure in 2022 that we can even handle that responsibility anymore. We have far bigger concerns in this country right now than to be worried about Africa, India, Eastern Europe or any place else. We've got an open southern border and a fascists/corporatist system that is destroying us internally.

Strawman argument
How is it a straw man?

You were discussing how the soviet union is gone. And I brought up an argument you used regarding the subject nations of the old soviet union involved in the current conflict. And even further the nukes in question were the basis of a written and signed agreement by Russia to honor the borders of Ukraine on the basis Ukraine returned "their" soviet nukes to Russia.

How is it a straw man?

You were discussing how the soviet union is gone. And I brought up an argument you used regarding the subject nations of the old soviet union involved in the current conflict. And even further the nukes in question were the basis of a written and signed agreement by Russia to honor the borders of Ukraine on the basis Ukraine returned "their" soviet nukes to Russia.
It isn’t of course. He has no idea what a strawman, non sequitur, or whataboutism actually is.

It isn’t of course. He has no idea what a strawman, non sequitur, or whataboutism actually is.
They use a couple methods to avoid ever actually address the arguments.

1." I already answered that." But never can link to the response, or copy it, or give the cliff notes.
2. Use of the terms "straw man", "non sequitur", or "whataboutism". While never explaining how the original comment is actually any of those. And usually it's right after their own red herring or whataboutism.
3. "That's western propaganda" aka shooting the messenger to avoid the message.

They use a couple methods to avoid ever actually address the arguments.

1." I already answered that." But never can link to the response, or copy it, or give the cliff notes.
2. Use of the terms "straw man", "non sequitur", or "whataboutism". While never explaining how the original comment is actually any of those. And usually it's right after their own red herring or whataboutism.
3. "That's western propaganda" aka shooting the messenger to avoid the message.
I've actually been mocking your buddies as they are the ones constantly using the terms "strawman", "Non sequitur", and "Whataboutism" because they can't defend the arguments they've made. While a few posts later throwing out non sequiturs and whataboutisms themselves LMAO. So point number 2 definitely applies to your crew here.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
I've actually been mocking your buddies as they are the ones constantly using the terms "strawman", "Non sequitur", and "Whataboutism" because they can't defend the arguments they've made. While a few posts later throwing out non sequiturs and whataboutisms themselves LMAO. So point number 2 definitely applies to your crew here.
When we state something is a non sequitur or whataboutism we point out why that is the case. You never do that Curly you just go DUUURRR NON SEQUITUR WHATABOUTISM. We all of course know you think it’s equivalent.

Narrator Voice: it isn’t.

Many of the videos broke the platform's major violent events policy, which prohibits creators from denying or trivialising events such as the invasion of Ukraine, the outlet said.

"We have a major violent events policy, and that applies to things like denial of major violent events: everything from the Holocaust to Sandy Hook. And of course, what's happening in Ukraine is a major violent event," YouTube's chief product officer Neal Mohan told The Guardian. "And so we've used that policy to take unprecedented action."

YouTube did not provide a breakdown of the deleted videos and channels, but Mohan said many of them were "narratives that are coming from the Russian government or Russian actors on behalf of the Russian government."

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Many of the videos broke the platform's major violent events policy, which prohibits creators from denying or trivialising events such as the invasion of Ukraine, the outlet said.

"We have a major violent events policy, and that applies to things like denial of major violent events: everything from the Holocaust to Sandy Hook. And of course, what's happening in Ukraine is a major violent event," YouTube's chief product officer Neal Mohan told The Guardian. "And so we've used that policy to take unprecedented action."

YouTube did not provide a breakdown of the deleted videos and channels, but Mohan said many of them were "narratives that are coming from the Russian government or Russian actors on behalf of the Russian government."
Can't go against the established narrative... else it would be denying or trivializing.

When we state something is a non sequitur or whataboutism we point out why that is the case. You never do that Curly you just go DUUURRR NON SEQUITUR WHATABOUTISM. We all of course know you think it’s equivalent.

Narrator Voice: it isn’t.
It's because you and your hens are too scared to have an actual debate. Last time me and you had one you got completely embarrassed. Since then you've resorted to the cowardly "non sequitur" and "whataboutism" tactics. Which you copied from one of your pals.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
It's because you and your hens are too scared to have an actual debate. Last time me and you had one you got completely embarrassed. Since then you've resorted to the cowardly "non sequitur" and "whataboutism" tactics. Which you copied from one of your pals.
But you don’t want to have a debate. You do just as I said you spew whataboutism and non sequiturs. And we rightly call you on it. That isn’t a debate it’s deflection and that’s on you Curly. Womp womp.

On and welcome back again to Curly Danth

VN Store

Back