Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

And also, am I supposed to be impressed by this?

A 5ā€™5ā€ guard rarely excites me. Kelly is no exception and Ciera Tommey just tore her ACL I believe. Sheā€™ll heal, but we all know itā€™s just never the same for the big girls after that.
Suspect that played a part in where she ended up. Wouldnā€™t be shocked if UCONN backed off after she tore up her knee. [B[Geno doesnā€™t seem to like taking recruits with a history of injury[/B]. Not a total rule, but it seems pretty rare for them.

She committed she after that.

He took Azzi Fudd, Gabby Williams and Caroline Ducharme with their history of injury. He doesn't put all of his eggs in one basket with a recruit.

He took Azzi Fudd, Gabby Williams and Caroline Ducharme with their history of injury. He doesn't put all of his eggs in one basket with a recruit.

One player with a history of ACL tear in how many years? Youā€™re just proving my point. I would say they back off after injury far more than they continue to recruit them.

Talking about ACL specifically.

One player with a history of ACL tear in how many years? Youā€™re just proving my point. I would say they back off after injury far more than they continue to recruit them.

All three of those players I mentioned tore their ACL in high school. I see you're moving the goal post. All I have to say about the rest is we will see.

All three of those players I mentioned tore their ACL in high school. I see you're moving the goal post.

It's hilarious. Of course, "She'll heal, but we all know it's just never the same for the big girls after that" isn't the tune he was singing when Jasmine Franklin committed here... šŸ¤£

IMG_0748.gif

Reactions: olddog

Yup, those ACL tears are just not rehabable.

1396647.jpg

KJH on her way to championship #2 of 3 after two torn ACL's. Guess Pat Summitt wasn't smart enough to back off on her recruitment.

Anyone have the scoop on why the Indiana Fever coach stepped down? Odd they would make that move right now. Poor Indiana has had a rough few seasons.

They have some really great young talent. Maybe they can still salvage it.

Now Fisher needs to goā€¦

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I would be shocked if that were to happen. She seems like she bleeds Carolina blue to me. Besides, after this next season Tamari will be gone, and I would imagine Tammy Brown would strongly encourage her youngest to stay where she is -- close to home so she doesn't have to spend so much time and money traveling to Knoxville like she's done so often to watch Tamari.
Plus Ms. Brown has said on numerous occasion that she is anti-transfer. I would think unless something like abuse is taking place she would encourage her daughter to stay and work through any issues. UNC has a bright future and she will be part of that!

WNBA streaming lacks a lot to be desired. I pay and so far the only place I can watch the games is in the app, on my phone, or on my computer.

WNBA app isnā€™t available on Roku and the app on iPhone is terrible. Has the Aces/Mystics box score under the minny/Indy game, no box score under the other game. Glitches in the feed and like two camera angles.

Come on now.
And it will not let me airplay/link from my phone to my smart TV which I do frequently. Infuriating.
You can buy the google Chromecast device and cast to your tv. The old version can be purchased for somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 or less, or the new version for around $60. You can still have casting issues. Neither ROKU or Chromecast offer the WNBA app, though they both feature the NBA app.

You can buy the google Chromecast device and cast to your tv. The old version can be purchased for somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 or less, or the new version for around $60. You can still have casting issues. Neither ROKU or Chromecast offer the WNBA app, though they both feature the NBA app.

thatā€™s the issue. I have several streaming services and they arenā€™t on any of them. Just silly really. If they want people to watch they need to get on the platforms. Iā€™m already paying for the subscription. Iā€™m not going to pay anymore to buy additional products to make it work better.

The WNBA is poorly managed and needs a total business overhaul. With a few small changes they could get many more viewers and pay their players better.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Plus Ms. Brown has said on numerous occasion that she is anti-transfer. I would think unless something like abuse is taking place she would encourage her daughter to stay and work through any issues. UNC has a bright future and she will be part of that!

Good info. I didn't realize Ms. Brown had expressed that view.

Iā€™m looking forward to their reemergence! I love what Courtney is putting together.

Now, if she would only play us šŸ«¢ Do right and give TK her homecoming game. If she does that she might be ok in my books. She def has improved the trajectory of that program again. I guess i have a bad taste in my mouth from the small crowd on here who were toting her over CKJH lol. It's not bangharts fault but i still wanna tear UNC up since it was a topic of convo šŸ˜‚

Now, if she would only play us šŸ«¢ Do right and give TK her homecoming game. If she does that she might be ok in my books. She def has improved the trajectory of that program again. I guess i have a bad taste in my mouth from the small crowd on here who were toting her over CKJH lol. It's not bangharts fault but i still wanna tear UNC up since it was a topic of convo šŸ˜‚
Oh I wanna whoop her, thatā€™s for sure. Iā€™m happy theyā€™re upā€¦just not up to where we arešŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You mean with a solid returning line up, that has played together, compared to our starting lineup of anywhere from 3 to 4 players, with zero game time experience together. Players who've never played a second of basketball together, versus an experienced lineup. I kind of think they're a little bit ahead of us. And, going into the next year, real far ahead of us! And, I say 3 or 4, because Tamara Key still can't stay on the court for more than 25 minutes.

You mean with a solid returning line up, that has played together, compared to our starting lineup of anywhere from 3 to 4 players, with zero game time experience together. Players who've never played a second of basketball together, versus an experienced lineup. I kind of think they're a little bit ahead of us. And, going into the next year, real far ahead of us! And, I say 3 or 4, because Tamara Key still can't stay on the court for more than 25 minutes.

Yes, but we return all our starters aside from 1. That team is still there, it just got better.

The two teams and coaches are obviously comparable, so it'll be interesting to see how we each do this season. I haven't been impressed by Banghart (mostly due to weak scheduling) but I don't want to under- or over-rate them either way.

VN Store

Back