College Baseball - Transfer Portal Tracker

Holy smokes. What a cannon. If this guys comes (and assuming no more transfers, which we know isn't going to happen), what is your 2023 opening day line-up?

Almost impossible to say considering we lose a LOT from this lineup this year. We'll need to know the full extent of the damage first.

We definitely lose Jordan Beck, Drew Gilbert, Trey Lipscomb, Evan Russell, and Luc Lipcius. And, we could possibly lose Cortland Lawson, Jorel Ortega, and Seth Stephenson depending on their draft stock. So, we're losing at least 5 possibly 8 of our starting 9.

Almost impossible to say considering we lose a LOT from this lineup this year. We'll need to know the full extent of the damage first.

We definitely lose Jordan Beck, Drew Gilbert, Trey Lipscomb, Evan Russell, and Luc Lipcius. And, we could possibly lose Cortland Lawson, Jorel Ortega, and Seth Stephenson depending on their draft stock. So, we're losing at least 5 possibly 8 of our starting 9.

I know a lot of people aren't even considering those final 3 as gone, but I think there's a decent chance all 3 go. They all have highly projectable skill-sets.

With that said, I think we are already in the re-load phase as a program. You'll still have Dickey, Burke, Moore, Steenstra, Backus, Booker, Chambers, Tears, Freshman, and Ahuna would be an incredible addition.

TV will get the transfers he wants. Pitching will be loaded again.

I know a lot of people aren't even considering those final 3 as gone, but I think there's a decent chance all 3 go. They all have highly projectable skill-sets.

With that said, I think we are already in the re-load phase as a program. You'll still have Dickey, Burke, Moore, Steenstra, Backus, Booker, Chambers, Tears, Freshman, and Ahuna would be an incredible addition.

I'm not worried about next year. We'll return our entire rotation (minus Tidwell), which is arguably bigger than the lineup. Pitching can be a lot harder to replace. We'll have a lot of new faces, but that's just kind of how college sports work.

I think it's probably easier to reload through the transfer portal and not miss a beat in baseball than any other college sport. It might sound overly simplistic, but unlike basketball or football, you're not putting together a bunch of guys who have to learn a brand new playbook and how to play in that "style" of offense. You're ideally plugging in guys who know how to hit, field, and pitch, and those skills will translate instantly regardless of their familiarity with the team. We'll lose a ton of veterans from this team, but we're going to be an incredibly attractive place for the elite transfers to land. Mix that with a highly touted 2023 class and some returning experience, and we'll be more than fine.

I read that MA would stay at KU if his coach stayed but the coach announced his retirement yesterday (if I understand all this correctly)... SAIP

⚾️ Kansas Baseball Head Coach Ritch Price Announces Retirement After 20 Seasons Leading the Jayhawks

I think there’s some truth in this, and the fact they only won 5 conference games. He seems like a great kid and a personality that would fit in Knoxville. Based on an admittedly short amount of viewing, IF he came here, he might be the most pure SS we’ve had around here in a while IMHO.

I would think that every underclassmen catcher worth his salt his trying to learn the lyrics to Rocky Top this week.

The pitchers also lining up to play under Frank as well. But obviously, there is little room in the pitchers’ meeting room

Does anyone know if anyone in our incoming freshman class is a sure fire starter at a postion?

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back