2022 Team Accolades

Congrats to Kirby 👏🏽👏🏽 He was named to the 2022 SEC Baseball Community Service Team this morning.

Tennessee - Kirby Connell, LHP, Jr., Blacksburg, S.C.

Connell excelled in his junior year at Tennessee making a difference in the community. Not only did his work serve the people of Knoxville, the reach of his service extended globally as he went on a week-long service trip to Belize over the summer. In the summer immersion experience in Belize, Connell served alongside the Hearts of Christ Children's Ministry and the YMCA of Belize to strengthen the local community and form bonds through sport. Locally, Connell's spent time volunteering with Big Brothers Big Sisters.

2022 SEC Baseball Community Service Team Announced
Congratulations Kirby. Well done.

All-SEC baseball: Tennessee dominates USA TODAY Network team

SEC COY: Tony Vitello, Tennessee
SEC POY: Trey Lipscomb, Tennessee
SEC Pitcher of the Year: Chase Dollander, Tennessee
SEC FOY: Chase Burns, Tennessee
SEC Newcomer of the Year: Sonny DiChiara, Auburn

First Team
Third base: Trey Lipscomb, Tennessee
Outfield: Drew Gilbert, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Chase Burns, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Chase Dollander, Tennessee

Second Team
Catcher: Evan Russell, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Drew Beam, Tennessee
Relief pitcher: Ben Joyce, Tennessee

All-SEC baseball: Tennessee dominates USA TODAY Network team

SEC COY: Tony Vitello, Tennessee
SEC POY: Trey Lipscomb, Tennessee
SEC Pitcher of the Year: Chase Dollander, Tennessee
SEC FOY: Chase Burns, Tennessee
SEC Newcomer of the Year: Sonny DiChiara, Auburn

First Team
Third base: Trey Lipscomb, Tennessee
Outfield: Drew Gilbert, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Chase Burns, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Chase Dollander, Tennessee

Second Team
Catcher: Evan Russell, Tennessee
Starting pitcher: Drew Beam, Tennessee
Relief pitcher: Ben Joyce, Tennessee
It’s Tennessee’s world and everyone else is a spectator.

If you had told me in February 2022 that Jordan Beck wouldn't be 1st-Team or 2nd-Team All-SEC this year, I'd never have believed you. Interesting year for Mike Honcho to say the least.
If he breaks out of his slump in Hoover or regionals, this team will be filthy in the post season. Coppin State isn’t going to have a Preston Johnson to throw at you.

If he breaks out of his slump in Hoover or regionals, this team will be filthy in the post season. Coppin State isn’t going to have a Preston Johnson to throw at you.

It's interesting to think this team might not have reached it's peak yet because our de facto best player pre-season has been "underwhelming" (I put that in quotes for a reason). If Beck finds his swing again, this team is going to romp it's way to Omaha. It's a big if, so who knows. But, having to navigate Beck, Gilbert, Lipscomb, and Ortega all swinging the bat at their best is just a murderer's row 3-6.

It's interesting to think this team might not have reached it's peak yet because our de facto best player pre-season has been "underwhelming" (I put that in quotes for a reason). If Beck finds his swing again, this team is going to romp it's way to Omaha. It's a big if, so who knows. But, having to navigate Beck, Gilbert, Lipscomb, and Ortega all swinging the bat at their best is just a murderer's row 3-6.
Anything can happen, but having 8 legitimate hitters and the best pitching staff in baseball definitely gives you some leeway. I think this team is hitting the ball great right now (outside the first 7 innings at Miss State Friday) and that should carry into the beatdown against likely Coppin State.

VN Store

Back