Which One Will Win First?

Day, because Ohio State has a significant talent advantage over the rest of that list. Notre Dame and LSU are also very talented, but it's tough for a new head coach (epecially a rookie coach) to climb to the top right away.

Last edited:
Reactions: davethevol
Only two have any chance in the next 500 years. Day has the best chance. Kelly has a decent chance. How did they pick that list?

Reactions: VolNExile
Day, because Ohio State has a significant talent advantage over the rest of that list. Notre Dame and LSU are also very talented, but it's tough for a new head coach (epecially a rookie coach) to climb to the top right away.

I'm not sold that Day is going to be sticking around much longer with the Buckeyes. He seems to have the NFL urge. Wouldn't shock me to see him bolt after any season.

Of the choices, I would have to say Lincoln Riley. SC has basically sucked for a decade. They are throwing the kitchen sink at the football program now. As a bonus, he basically has a free pass to an undefeated season yearly unless the P12 steps up.

Reactions: Volatility
Of that list, it's between Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day, and I give the advantage to Riley. People are sleeping on USC. They forget just how good that program can be, especially now with NIL in play.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Of that list, it's between Lincoln Riley and Ryan Day, and I give the advantage to Riley. People are sleeping on USC. They forget just how good that program can be, especially now with NIL in play.

You don’t get better by running from challenges. He ran from the SEC but still has to face them in the playoff.

No championships. Just a lot of conference wins.

You don’t get better by running from challenges. He ran from the SEC but still has to face them in the playoff.

He'll stack more talent at USC than he ever did at Oklahoma. Especially with NIL.

Reactions: Volatility

Worked for Urban.

For Riley to win a national title, he's got to beat 2 SEC teams tops. Still not easy, but easier than playing 8 of them a year.

They always choke

He had all the talent at OU and couldn’t get it done.
I don’t see it being any better at USC
I guess you don't remember USC under Carroll. Only now it's basically legal to pay players.

Reactions: BUBear
I guess you don't remember USC under Carroll. Only now it's basically legal to pay players.

I remember all to well. I also remember that the college landscape wasn’t anything like it is today. If they come into the playoff and win I’ll give him all the credit.

VN Store

Back