New Volunteer Cavalry Formation

Is this an RV only crowd, or does a rooftop tent on my Jeep qualify for participation?

Jeeps were made for the cavalry and their ain't no better means to explore the real Rocky Top.

I've seen a few rooftop tents there, mostly Toyota's I think, but they are there for sure.
The way I see it the cavalry is gonna need some good forward scouts. Think positive. Hope to see you first of September.

Nice Red Fish.

Thanks, we like to take our "trusty steed" surf fishing a few times a year.

PB050087.JPGPB040072.JPG

20191231_150115.jpg

20170702_102159.jpg20170702_101410-800x450.jpg20180108_192643.jpg20160912_173327.jpg

I suck at drinking and posting. I evidently suck worse at spell checking before hitting post. Mostly I suck at spelling anyway.

That being said, I cook a mean butt, my beer is cold, and my bourbon is aged. Hope to see some of you Sept 3rd

Giddy up

Stop by G10 on your way into the game. Have a last-minute drink on me. The beers will be cold and not $13 a pop

My name is Capt Parsons. My family has had the same seats in Neyland for 42 years (since the renovation in 1980). I am a VFL and proud of it. Can I get an Amen?

In the past few years I have taken my RV to a ton of games and have always stayed atop the Knoxville Civic Auditorium with a group of other like minded folks. It's been a blast, tailgating at it's finest. So here is the reason for my very 1st post here at Volnation.

It is my intention to hold the initial mustering of the Vol Cavalry on the weekend of September 3rd for any and all like minded fans. I have season tickets for parking my RV atop Garage B, and will be there the weekend of the Ball State Game and most other home games this year signing folks up for the mailing list.

For this year Garage B will be the temporary fort. The idea has been well received after speaking to several folks in the past two years about this idea, and hopefully it will come to fruition this year.

The VOL Navy has made a splash in the past. Lets make some dust.

WHO: ANY AND ALL LIKE MINDED VOLUNTEER RVers, AND CAMPERS
WHAT: VOL CAVALRY FORMATION
WHEN: WEEKEND OF SEPT 3, BALL STATE GAME
WHERE: ATOP KNOXVILLE CIVIC AUDITORIUM GARAGE B
502 HOWARD BAKER ST

PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE WORD

And God Bless Josh Heupel, Tony Vitello, Rick Barnes, and the Newly Formation of the VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons

My name is Capt Parsons. My family has had the same seats in Neyland for 42 years (since the renovation in 1980). I am a VFL and proud of it. Can I get an Amen?

In the past few years I have taken my RV to a ton of games and have always stayed atop the Knoxville Civic Auditorium with a group of other like minded folks. It's been a blast, tailgating at it's finest. So here is the reason for my very 1st post here at Volnation.

It is my intention to hold the initial mustering of the Vol Cavalry on the weekend of September 3rd for any and all like minded fans. I have season tickets for parking my RV atop Garage B, and will be there the weekend of the Ball State Game and most other home games this year signing folks up for the mailing list.

For this year Garage B will be the temporary fort. The idea has been well received after speaking to several folks in the past two years about this idea, and hopefully it will come to fruition this year.

502 HOWARD BAKER ST

And God Bless Josh Heupel, Tony Vitello, Rick Barnes, and the Newly Formation of the VOLUNTEER CAVALRY

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons
Can I bring my (one of a kind) UT truck?

Reactions: OEF VOL

502 HOWARD BAKER ST

Thanks for the click

Capt Parsons
Hey Captain, we used a friends RV pass last year for the Ag campus for one of the games and had a blast. We are trying to get our own pass this year but not having a whole lot of luck. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

Hey Captain, we used a friends RV pass last year for the Ag campus for one of the games and had a blast. We are trying to get our own pass this year but not having a whole lot of luck. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated...
Thanks

This link Parking - Knoxville Civic Auditorium and Coliseum will take you to the civic center info page about parking. When you click out of that link it will take you to Ticketmaster to purchase your parking pass.

In a nutshell, there are still parking spaces available atop garage C with no electricity or water service costing $800 for the entire season. The ones with electricity and water are already taken, they go for a good bit more. Garage C typically books up first because it has electricity, water, and sewer facilities. Also, the folks that booked season parking last year get first choice when they go on sale this year. Most VFL's that have been gathering in the RV's for home games tend to congregate atop C. Great bunch of folks.

There are still spaces available to reserve atop Garage B. These spaces are $1300 for the season and come with electricity (50/30amp) only. There is no water hookups nor sewer dumps atop Garage B as of this year. It is my understanding those services are coming, but I don't know when. I was there two weeks ago and it looks like all the electricity hookups are in place. If you get a season pass atop B you are welcome to take your RV over to C and dump and get water between games. As of today there were still spaces available atop garage B. They won't last much longer I wouldn't expect.

The spaces atop garage A are generally held open on a first come, first serve basis for each home game. This is where they party like its 1999, really. The other two garages are pretty much quiet around midnight at the latest on night games when we win. When we lose a day game the place is a ghost town by 10pm.

OK, that's about it for the season passes. They are on sale now and will be until they are sold out. Usually they are long gone by now, but like I said, they opened up Garage B with services this year, so some are still up for grabs.

Don't quote me on this, but generally single spot passes/ single game passes will be available towards the end of June or the first of July. Ticketmaster does the booking now, so that is the last information I have. The prices for single game parking is on the original link I posted above.

Hope this helps and I look forward to seeing you at some of the games. Please stop by, say hello, and join the Volunteer Cavalry. It's free, just a mailing list at first to try and get some things organized and places to meet at away games.

Thanks for spreading the word. It's really gonna be cool when we roll into town (any town in the SEC) with 30 or 50 RV's lined up flying our Vol Cavalry Flags and playing Rocky Top.

Thanks for the click too, and God Bless Josh Heupel. GBO

Capt Parsons

OH yeah, Smoking is allowed (all forms) and friendly dogs are most welcome.

20171013_155331.jpg
20170810_212831.jpg20170916_181451.jpg

Last edited:
BTW: for youngsters with no cultural connection to "cavalry" (other than Air Cavalry in VietNam), enlighten and entertain yourselves with John Ford's cavalry trilogy:

Fort Apache (1948)​
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)​
Rio Grande (1950)​
In the 1950s and early 60s, swarms of boys would run across school playgrounds at Recess, enacting cavalry rescue scenarios.
Recommend as well!

Reactions: OEF VOL
Let me know if you want tee shirts or any other imprinted product. I am a promotional products distributor.

I am looking into a guidon design. Not to be a SA, but for those that don't know a guidon is the flag that signifies their units designation.

I am open to any and all ideas from not just VolFaninFla, but anyone.

I could use some help/ideas. The cavalry is going to need a really cool flag.

Thanks for the click and good ideas

Capt

I am looking into a guidon design. Not to be a SA, but for those that don't know a guidon is the flag that signifies their units designation.

I am open to any and all ideas from not just VolFaninFla, but anyone.

I could use some help/ideas. The cavalry is going to need a really cool flag.

Thanks for the click and good ideas

Capt
Hey Captain, I have a couple of ideas 💡
Send me an email to volfaninflorida@gmail.com and I will share them with you

Captain be sure to saddle your horses up a few days earlier and arrive by Thursday afternoon instead of the 3! Would not want you to miss kickoff Thursday night.

I plan on being at the temporary VOL Fort atop Knoxville Civic Auditorium parking garrage B with my sign up sheet starting Wednesday afternoon.

I hope to see you there, we are going to need a scheduling quartermaster and you seem qualified for the job.

Please Help Spread The Word and thanks for the click.

Capt Parsons

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Just in case you haven't heard I am trying to get the Volunteer Cavalry saddled up and riding.

What good is a Cavalry without a proper guidon, or flag. I have a few ideas, but they all seem lame. Any and all ideas are encouraged and certainly appreciated.

I will gladly give one of the first round of flags to anyone whose Ideas we use.

Salute,
Capt Parsons

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Just in case you haven't heard I am trying to get the Volunteer Cavalry saddled up and riding.

What good is a Cavalry without a proper guidon, or flag. I have a few ideas, but they all seem lame. Any and all ideas are encouraged and certainly appreciated.

I will gladly give one of the first round of flags to anyone whose Ideas we use.

Salute,
Capt Parsons

bump for any ideas for the flag.

I need some ideas

VN Store

Back