‘23 FL OT Francis Mauigoa (Miami commit)

No news is good news? Maybe so. Then again maybe there's just nothing else to say until he visits I guess.

Going to be a big turning point for better or worse. Hopefully we handle NiL things better than whatever the heck happened with Kasper. But a kid this big should be be offered a much bigger bag than Mr #150 dime a dozen WR. He's the type we need in order to build something approaching a championship level OL. Need a whole bunch more talent and he'd be one hell of a centerpiece to build around.
It would be extremely nice to have him coming in as Darnell Wright is on his way out! We still obviously need upgrades on the OL, but this guy would be a nice start.

This draft was extreme but it’s been trending more towards WRs over RBs for a while with the new offenses in the NFL. You can see it in Free Agency also. WRs getting huge deals
Elite WRs play for a long time with high-level production. They are a wise investment, though perhaps not at the level of their current 2nd and 3rd contracts, which most will likely never realize the total value. But the shelf-life of NFL RBs is such that they no longer warrant huge deals outside of a few elite guys (like Derrick Henry). They also no longer warrant, most times, an investment of a 1st-rd pick. Too many replacement-level FAs can produce in today's NFL offenses to warrant the huge investment in that position. QB, WR, OT, and EDGE guys are where the money typically gets invested in today's NFL. There are outliers, but that is the trend.

I'd argue RB.

But in this offense I'm not worried about either!
Both are completely replaceable and interchangeable BUT every now and again you get one of those guys that can completely transform an offense if you use them right.

Bc we have enormous balls.
2955e4c2-66f7-41fa-a03c-c4d9e45b4d13_text.gif

This draft was extreme but it’s been trending more towards WRs over RBs for a while with the new offenses in the NFL. You can see it in Free Agency also. WRs getting huge deals
Actually the trend the last few years is more even. Running games are far from dead, you still have to be well rounded. Many teams now spread you out to run as much as pass. You have to be able to do both. GBO!

For reference here's ur top 10 draft pick Evan Neal.Ive stated it before but definitely our biggest recruit on offense.I like Tate but this dude is different breed at Tackle.

*edit disclaimer--I feel soooo durty for posting anything Bama on this board

Reactions: captainfalcon777
The biggest target on the offensive line next weekend will be IMG prospect Francis Mauigoa. He is coming in for the entire weekend and will get the red carpet treatment on his first trip to Knoxville. He will be flanked by Nico who works him almost every day. -VQ

Obviously we’ll come out as the clear cut #1 but how far out will Tennessee be is the question.

VN Store

Back