'22 GA OT Dayne Shor (Alabama commit)

Would have to redshirt if his next school is in the SEC…but would’ve anyway at most stops. Another kindling stick to Saban’s rage. He can’t park these types on the roster for 2-3 seasons after fooling them during recruitment. They get immediate do-overs. His protectors on this board will flock and squawk, but as dominant a recruiter as he is, he’s not been as adept in recruiting them afterwards.

Would have to redshirt if his next school is in the SEC…but would’ve anyway at most stops. Another kindling stick to Saban’s rage. He can’t park these types on the roster for 2-3 seasons after fooling them during recruitment. They get immediate do-overs. His protectors on this board will flock and squawk, but as dominant a recruiter as he is, he’s not been as adept in recruiting them afterwards.

Right, him having to sit won't be a deterrent because he's not going to play this season anyway as a true freshman. Question is, is he a better prospect than the other Guards they have on the board who they can realistically get? Hard to say...

If this kid was a walk-on at Bama, and not actually on scholarship, as was previously suggested, would he have to sit out if he transferred within conference? Not sure the rules apply the same to non-scholarship players.

Somebody ask @butchna this question. I think he has me on ignore.

If this kid was a walk-on at Bama, and not actually on scholarship, as was previously suggested, would he have to sit out if he transferred within conference? Not sure the rules apply the same to non-scholarship players.

Somebody ask @butchna this question. I think he has me on ignore.

I don't think it matters if the student athlete is on scholarship or not.

Reactions: VOLED
Is this bylaw from the SEC or NCAA?
It is an NCAA bylaw which is only overruled by a more restrictive SEC rule if included in SEC Bylaws, which in this case there is no overruling rule. The SEC Bylaws are a very small document vs NCAA.

"A particular subparagraph will appear in the SEC Manual only if the corresponding SEC provision is more restrictive than the NCAA. Thus, if no correspondingly numbered subparagraph is found in the SEC Manual, the reader should interpret the SEC provision to be identical to the NCAA"

VN Store

Back