'18 WR Jaylon Robinson (Ole Miss Commit)

It’s now a bidding war with NIL and it will depend on how much the staff feels he is worth for one year.

To a degree yes it is. But there are more factors involved. But if he wants a big NIL deal for 1 year, then I hope Heupel lets him go. Would much rather see us go after a defensive player or big time OL.

Reactions: Orange Swagger
Will not be disappointed if Robinson doesn’t come here. Really like our depth & feel like Hyatt and Calloway will be good this year.
I will because we have no idea how good Hyatt and Calloway will be, but we do know Robinson was a 1,000 yard receiver in Heupel's offense recently.

Our WR depth would be elite.

I will because we have no idea how good Hyatt and Calloway will be, but we do know Robinson was a 1,000 yard receiver in Heupel's offense recently.

Hyatt and Calloway barely played. Give them a full year of a lot of playing time, they will put up some stats. Who knows what Calloway would have done the rest of the year if he doesn’t have that drop against Florida.

Has to be. Our offense runs 1000mph.

Run hard for 5 plays or so, and then sub out 3 more amazing WR.

No way the defense can keep up
If they were keeping up, and keep the same DBs in, our 2nd tier has fresher legs, advantage us.​
If they match our subs to get fresh legs, our 2nd tier WRs will be much better than their 2nd tier DBs. Advantage us.​

I think we need six star WRs, honestly. And, they'll all get fed.

I don't think you can run hard for 5 straight plays at WR unless they are short routes.

Hyatt and Calloway barely played. Give them a full year of a lot of playing time, they will put up some stats. Who knows what Calloway would have done the rest of the year if he doesn’t have that drop against Florida.

Kind of bothers me that Calloway barely got anymore playing time because of 1 drop.

Reactions: JRVOL11
Yeah, I thought that was so messed up to be honest. I thought he was gonna end up transferring after literally not getting another snap the rest of the year. Glad he stuck it out

Yeah he has that speed we need at WR. I think he will be good this year.

Reactions: JRVOL11
But the drop happened.
Hyatt and Calloway are still unproven. Whi knows how much they will produce at UT. Robinson isn’t unproven.

But the drop happened.
Hyatt and Calloway are still unproven. Whi knows how much they will produce at UT. Robinson isn’t unproven.

You think Robinson hasn’t ever had a big drop? Also, Calloway isn’t unproven. He had a decent game against Pitt. Showed good top end speed. Robinson hasn’t done anything at TN.

The WR that nobody is talking about that could have a breakout season is Jimmy Holiday. He could definitely have a big year on special teams, but also may surprise as a WR.

But the drop happened.
Robinson has done all of that against group of 5 competition. I guarantee you Calloway and Hyatt would ball out against those teams.

Guys bottom line

We get better if Robinson comes here.

With a good chance of being a lot better.

We want to be better right?

That's not saying our other guys aren't capable either, just that our offense will 100% be better with him.

That's why we are pursuing him. I mean they know a lot about offense and if they think he'd fit in then there are pretty great odds they're right.

Spring is not always a good indicator (Andison Coby last year), but AP said on a podcast a few weeks ago that Jimmy Holiday and Hyatt both had better springs than Calloway. Sounded like Calloway was down the depth chart.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93
Guys bottom line

We get better if Robinson comes here.

With a good chance of being a lot better.

We want to be better right?

That's not saying our other guys aren't capable either, just that our offense will 100% be better with him.

That's why we are pursuing him. I mean they know a lot about offense and if they think he'd fit in then there are pretty great odds they're right.

Speculation and nothing more.

That's what I figured. My guess is Miami may end up with this guy. Hope I'm wrong, but they must be offering something"nice" for him to take a visit after he already narrowed his choices down to 2. If we don't land him I won't be too upset. I'm still really confident in our other receivers to step and really produce in their 2nd year under Heupel. We will be fine.

Nope. But how do we know Robinson is better here?
He has proven it on the field much more than Calloway. It is not a big leap to think he could excel in this offense. Nothing is guaranteed, but I bet he has a better year than Calloway where ever he goes as long as he doesn't miss too many games because of injuries.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
He has proven it on the field much more than Calloway. It is not a big leap to think he could excel in this offense. Nothing is guaranteed, but I bet he has a better year than Calloway where ever he goes as long as he doesn't miss too many games because of injuries.

You may be right. But Calloway may have a lobster year this year. Who knows?

VN Store

Back