Official Nashville Predators Thread

I look back at the Turris trade as well. What we have up and now are lying out a buyout penalty. We got Hartman. No longer here. Don’t know what the 2nd rounders will turn out to be from the Subban trade. I think we will be stuck in wildcard contention for awhile. We don’t have the pieces for a Cup run. And always picking in the last half of each round means we won’t get top tier talent in drafts

I look back at the Turris trade as well. What we have up and now are lying out a buyout penalty. We got Hartman. No longer here. Don’t know what the 2nd rounders will turn out to be from the Subban trade. I think we will be stuck in wildcard contention for awhile. We don’t have the pieces for a Cup run. And always picking in the last half of each round means we won’t get top tier talent in drafts
Not that DP can draft a Top 6 guy to save his f’n life.

If you're blowing this roster up, how do you do it?

We won't get anything for Forsberg, Duchene and Johansen's contracts render them unlikely to be moved. I think we do need a new head coach, but that's the only obvious move.

We won't get anything for Forsberg, Duchene and Johansen's contracts render them unlikely to be moved. I think we do need a new head coach, but that's the only obvious move.
Forsberg is a free agent.

Either we are letting Forsberg go or have to overpay. Im fine with the 9 mil, if only we let Jahansen's contract go. We would have to do the same like we did with Subban. I think we are stuck in mediocrity for a few years. I think we spent so long on paying attention to defenseman that we never really got top 6 talent in the draft. I think that is reversing, but that talent is still a few years away

Do you think our scouts suck at their job as well and they can’t identify that talent?
It's where we've been picking. Outside Jones at 4 in '13, we haven't had a super high draft pick in forever (the other last Top 10 pick was '08)

Either we are letting Forsberg go or have to overpay. Im fine with the 9 mil, if only we let Jahansen's contract go. We would have to do the same like we did with Subban. I think we are stuck in mediocrity for a few years. I think we spent so long on paying attention to defenseman that we never really got top 6 talent in the draft. I think that is reversing, but that talent is still a few years away
Is Johansen moveable? Perhaps he is with how well he played this year? I'd try and trade both him and Duchene but I'm not sure how much you'd get for either.

We have 24/25 million in cap next year. question is how we spend it. I think we go ahead and sign Forsberg. But I think Johansen is moveable. He is only 29 and 3 years left on that contract. compared to Duchene who is 31 and 4 years left on it.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Well, the Predators have just told the fan base they are not serious about being a cup contender and that the goal is simply to make the playoffs.

Players heard that too, prospective and current.

Oh well. They made a casual fan out of me a couple of years ago anyway.

Well, the Predators have just told the fan base they are not serious about being a cup contender and that the goal is simply to make the playoffs.

Players heard that too, prospective and current.

Oh well. They made a casual fan out of me a couple of years ago anyway.

If the argument is that making the playoffs is good enough, the counter argument has to be what’s the point of making the playoffs just to get swept and barely look competitive in maybe one game.

Go look at Tennessee’s other top level sports teams, they’re all trending up (you can argue the Titans but at least they won their conference and division in the regular season.)

I’d rather watch Nashville SC or the Grizzlies at this point

I think with keeping Hynes. Forsberg walks or we massively overpay. I may be wrong. I know we were not supposed to be good and we made the playoffs. But this group isn’t going to get you to the cup. We have made to many bad decisions the past few years. Poile just needs to go on and retire

VN Store

Back