Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have went with Charley’s before they changed their bread but my all time goat is Quincys….. I miss that restaurant.
O’Charleys has the best Monterey Jack cheese appetizer. It comes as close as I have found to the one I loved at a closed down place close to home. I need to get off my azz and mimic it.

Exactly, I was expecting the snake to strike him in the face any minute 😒
The thing about handling hots is that you're not guaranteed to be bitten or even struck at. Especially with the copperhead/cottonmouth genus. They're pretty docile (despite popular belief due to media and fear). But it's one of those things where it WILL happen at some point if you free-hand them. It's inevitable that you'll pick up a grouchy one and be complacent at some point.

That happens with non-venomous snakes too. Kingsnakes are legendarily chill. But for every 10 I find there's 1 that isn't happy or 1 that goes 0-100 for no particular reason while holding it. That's not a big deal with a king, the punishment is more severe with a spicy snake.

The thing about handling hots is that you're not guaranteed to be bitten or even struck at. Especially with the copperhead/cottonmouth genus. They're pretty docile (despite popular belief due to media and fear). But it's one of those things where it WILL happen at some point if you free-hand them. It's inevitable that you'll pick up a grouchy one and be complacent at some point.

That happens with non-venomous snakes too. Kingsnakes are legendarily chill. But for every 10 I find there's 1 that isn't happy or 1 that goes 0-100 for no particular reason while holding it. That's not a big deal with a king, the punishment is more severe with a spicy snake.
Yep, Kingsnakes are awesome and beautiful snakes. My uncle saved one that was about 10” long in his driveway from his cats and kept it as a pet for about 2 years. Once it reached about 30-36” and bit his girl while handling it he released it back into the wild. I used to handle it all the time.

Reactions: SoilVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back