VOLS vs The Bear

rider8964

Does anyone know which college teams beat Bear Bryant the most throughout his college coaching career? Who beat him the most during his SEC coaching career? And then who beat him the most during his coaching career at Alabama?

Reactions: Volfan1000
Does anyone know which college teams beat Bear Bryant the most throughout his college coaching career? Who beat him the most during his SEC coaching career? And then who beat him the most during his coaching career at Alabama?

Is it who beat him the most or who lost the least?

Last edited:
I’d say Tennessee beat him the most. I believe the record he had was 17-12. That was after a 11 game streak from 1971- 1981. He beat several teams more than 17 times.

Unfortunately Tennessee’s record vs Saban is beyond terrible and that’s the world we live in today.

All I remember about Bear Bryant was that sad look on his face as Johnny Majors butt was in his face when UT players carried him to midfield on their shoulders for the coaches to meet in 1982 when Tenn snapped the 11 game Bama winning streak. My next reccollection was Jan. 26, 1983, when the hurse carried him to the graveyard In Alabama. Sorry but on Volnation, I focus on Vols successes and those were 2 good ones.

I equate 0-5-2 with being owned by a coach, especially since Bear had no issue winning the year after Neyland retired (while still at UK).

I equate someone who has pain like you do at UT accomplishments as a troll.
Ok, but still it was Kentucky. That said I agree, 0-5-2 is good against anyone.

Cool down and have a cyber beer on me ( ).

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
We were 7-16-2 against him while he coached Bama.

Auburn was 6-19.

Looks like we can claim most wins over him either way. At Kentucky, at Bama or both combined.

I’d say Tennessee beat him the most. I believe the record he had was 17-12. That was after a 11 game streak from 1971- 1981. He beat several teams more than 17 times.

Unfortunately Tennessee’s record vs Saban is beyond terrible and that’s the world we live in today.

Too bad, we didn't play the Dolphins when Saban stumbled through coaching a team that had numerical draft picks vs the highest bidder college teams system.

Reactions: GulfCoasterVol

VN Store

Back