Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how soon they might cancel or postpone Tennessee softball game and which is more likely? Heading from Johnson City and don't want to rush to get there if I don't need too. Thanks!

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
R.1cf6ec1369c44c5423399850f5aa99d0

R.a07c33b08d1fc6bff3380189b360a74a

first one is fire

I was against all this crap. I wanted it to be amateur, or at least close to amateur athletics...just like HS but on a state level...but..

All that is over forever now...I do not..can not..stand to see the very few established under the table cheater programs continue to just take a huge 💩 on competitive integrity any longer..

If all this crap turns against us and they shut us down...I may just be out for good...I just can't take the established favoritism anymore...I mean what is the point of watching what amounts to professional wrasslin and Harlem Globetrotter "games" against the Generals?

It is humiliating to play against longtime rivals that get away with paying under the table, stacking 5* up like cordwood..along with crappy biased cheating officials?

There is zero point...it is fixed.
(shakes fist amidst a flurry of obscenities at each passerby).

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Recommend?

I've been wanting to do my legs but never really got around to it.

Recommend? I mean I think it's a great area to get ink done. The shin can be painful, and the meat of the calf can be too. But I like it because it's a big area that's got tight skin (typically) so nicer work can be punched in. You also can easily cover it in a professional situation without being "out of place" (if that's a concern). Where I work pants are required so I've basically always got it covered and don't have to worry with it having negative first impressions like say a neck or hand tattoo might do. (if that's something you care about)

So yeah, it's not terribly painful and gives your artist a good canvas to hit. Usually can be pretty easy to stay comfortable too while they are doing the area. And I also like the ease of covering it.

Reactions: TrippieRedd
NIL was always a hornet's nest, and the NCAA was never going to be able to control it. Issuing weak interim guidelines was futile and shows how powerless the NCAA is as an enforcer. Legal departments have been all over this for more than a year, and some like UT, were agile in planning, executing and adapting, with alumni, donor and state support.

Schools that can capitalize are making it work for them; schools that can't execute are mad and crying foul. Saban can cry all the way to retirement. If he had the foresight, money and backing other schools have, he would be trying to steer Sankey in a different direction. The NCAA does not have the resources to evaluate and sanction-- they never will-- and they don't want the legal backlash that would trigger. Schools like UT, with collectives like Spyre, are working within state law and NCAA guidelines, and have the support of legal teams with documentation of full compliance. Challenge that, or selectively enforce deals, and lawsuits will be swiftly filed. Meanwhile, schools will keep doing what they're doing with state backing.

There's no going back, and some schools will be left behind. Transfer portal and NIL changed college sports forever. It's a different landscape, and a new power structure is in play. Creating and managing the deals is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yeah I almost see it like each conference will essentially work as its own "union"

They kind of create a tier system for how much any one player is permitted to make from a team in conference...obviously they'll want to be more competitive than the other conferences, but they will want Vandy to have just as much freedom as Bama to pay top dollar (of course we all know Vandy's boosters/donors won't do this, but that'll be the "level footing" that exist if you will)

I don't hate it...I could see essentially every SEC team saying "you're worth 800k over 3 years" and stop bidding against each other (on the NIL side of things). But you can still sweeten deals based on market and % of earnings, also something I'd be fine with. If Vandy will give you 50% on appearances and Bama only 30% (because they feel there brand is worth more) then so be it. Let the kid decide if he values a larger piece of what may end up being a smaller pie or not.

I wouldn't be against it as long as EVERYONE is forced to do it the right way.

You know Bama, UGA and A&M are going to keep adding under the table benefits in order to sweeten deals if they are not highly policed.

The truth hurts who?
In the highest level of collegiate competition, there is not such a significant difference in coaching abilities to account for Saban's production. The difference is the quality of players. If you think that they have not been illegally paying recruits to come to their school for years, then you are simply hiding yourself from the real truth. If you believe they have not had a biased advantage concerning the pay for play rules over other programs you are naive.
Is it less naive to believe every other team was playing by the rules though? I mean we have pretty strong evidence, even at Pruitt's worst, we were cheating our ass off.

The Pro's do the same basic thing except individual limits are team limits...... A Salary Cap. So the problem is you have to admit they are being paid a SALARY to play. Doesn't sound right when you say it out loud does it.
Yah. NFL has no right to limit the player's marketing $$$, or from whom.

NIL was always a hornet's nest, and the NCAA was never going to be able to control it. Issuing weak interim guidelines was futile and shows how powerless the NCAA is as an enforcer. Legal departments have been all over this for more than a year, and some like UT, were agile in planning, executing and adapting, with alumni, donor and state support.

Schools that can capitalize are making it work for them; schools that can't execute are mad and crying foul. Saban can cry all the way to retirement. If he had the foresight, money and backing other schools have, he would be trying to steer Sankey in a different direction. The NCAA does not have the resources to evaluate and sanction-- they never will-- and they don't want the legal backlash that would trigger. Schools like UT, with collectives like Spyre, are working within state law and NCAA guidelines, and have the support of legal teams with documentation of full compliance. Challenge that, or selectively enforce deals, and lawsuits will be swiftly filed. Meanwhile, schools will keep doing what they're doing with state backing.

There's no going back, and some schools will be left behind. Transfer portal and NIL changed college sports forever. It's a different landscape, and a new power structure is in play. Creating and managing the deals is just the tip of the iceberg.

Yep.

The ONLY thing I worry about is the NCAA using the Pruitt-era case resolution as a way to backdoor a punishment for our current NIL dealings.

The reason we did that was to compete with the USSR and East Germany because they were PRO's playing against pure amateurs. Giving a kid some extra to live on while in school is not what this is as we all know.
"We"? It was a decision by the Olympic Committe. Not the US. The Olympics initially allowed certain sports to allow their own professional leagues to decide, then went fully open fairly shortly after.

The point is that the Olympics hasn't been amateur for some time and it hasn't ruined the games.

Reactions: Brillovol

You know Bama, UGA and A&M are going to keep adding under the table benefits in order to sweeten deals if they are not highly policed.

Well the only way to police it (in anyway that's somewhat effective) is to give the players a choice.

Cause right now the landscape is you have a handful of top tier teams in college. So if you only have them to pick from you're kind of stuck, that's how football works right now. Basketball kids got way more choices with overseas paying well and g-league existing and also only having to be in college one season before they can jump. So they can go anywhere really and stat pad and the NBA will take them even if they didn't play at a blue blood.

But football is the sport stuck a bit, at least in this area. So if these 5 star kids can basically "bet on me" and go straight to the pros and get into a farm system you'll see less of them willing to put up with the egos that the few schools that hold power have. (and pretty much every one of their HC also have massive egos).

The only other way to really police it is to try and force the NFL to diversify their drafting so they aren't taking so many players from the same schools each year. But the NFL owners may be the only people with bigger egos than these elite college programs so trying to tell them what they have to do isn't gonna happen with where they are spending their money.

The Pro's do the same basic thing except individual limits are team limits...... A Salary Cap. So the problem is you have to admit they are being paid a SALARY to play. Doesn't sound right when you say it out loud does it.

The NCAA rule obviously existed for a reason. And it wasn't simply "corporate greed".

They will not be able to prove in a court that these deals are pay to play and not NIL deals. It isn't possible. With that said, they absolutely ARE pay to play deals and not NIL deals.

The only people making out like bank robbers in this more than the players are the schools. Imagine having a business with millions of dollars in personell costs and being able to defer all of it to a bunch of fanatics with zero market stake in your company. Must be nice.

Recommend? I mean I think it's a great area to get ink done. The shin can be painful, and the meat of the calf can be too. But I like it because it's a big area that's got tight skin (typically) so nicer work can be punched in. You also can easily cover it in a professional situation without being "out of place" (if that's a concern). Where I work pants are required so I've basically always got it covered and don't have to worry with it having negative first impressions like say a neck or hand tattoo might do. (if that's something you care about)

So yeah, it's not terribly painful and gives your artist a good canvas to hit. Usually can be pretty easy to stay comfortable too while they are doing the area. And I also like the ease of covering it.

I wear long sleeves everyday because of my arm sleeve, sucks.

I wish I would have just spent the money on my legs. I appreciate the response!

Low key trying to get the monstars on my leg, starting at the upper thigh going down into Bugs, Lola, daffy, and then michael holding the special juice, finishing up around the calf area.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol

If that were the case, Bama wouldn't be buying legislators dinner.

Now that NIL can be paid above board, Bama is apparently not rich enough to be dealt in at the table, so they're lobbying for stake limits at the table. UT is rich enough for the new game. Sounds like Bama isn't.

The Olympics did away with its amateur mandate and it's been just fine.

Folks don't seem to understand that college football isn't what it was when amateurism was plausible, and it hasn't been that in a very, very long time.
Who wants a ******* BURGER? When assistant coaches can own franchises! When HC’s pull in 10 mil plus a year and can fare well living on their own NIL deals? None of this money generated towards athletes comes out of the BILLIONS in broadcast rights and merchandise sales! We’re way past “letting” Jeremy Bloom play football whilst receiving (vitally necessary) sponsorship money to pursue an Olympics skiing dream, or even not suspending Steve Alford for participating in a CHARITY calendar! I think it’s telling that all this bunk got “leaked” last night in the middle of the whole cartel soliciting legislative support. Their glass house is cracked AF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back