Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very torn today. I really do hate me some Man City, so on one hand, I really want Real Madrid to win. But a Liverpool and Man City matchup in the final would be pretty epic.

My Dream scenario; and sorry it’s not a good one for you Reds fans:

Real Madrid wins today and wins Champions League finals.
Man City wins the Premier League.
My blues win the FA cup.

This has Liverpool go from “a possible quadruple!!” to just winning the league cup, which is the lowest domestic trophy possible, and also keeps Man City from winning the one trophy they all want so bad.. the Champions League.

Sorry, but it’s the best possible scenario for all other Premier League fans 😁

Reactions: Orange.
You’ve been watching well paid athletes going against each other for years anyways, in college.
And this speaks to the parity argument. I suspect some of the push-back through the NCAA is from the colleges who have been battling against parity via the under-the-table payments. If one creates a framework through which athletes can make $$$, and anyone can implement said framework, it would probably do wonders to build MORE parity.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Why? It's a multi-billion dollar industry paying pretty much everyone but the athletes who give their time and damage their bodies for our entertainment. You'd want to take their personal liberties and the fruit of the fame that this system creates because of some personal, outdated ideal that isn't even accomplishable in our modern times? NCAA football isn't what it was when the amateurism ideal was applied to it. Then, it was basically an intramural competitive hobby--(and they still brought in paid ringers).

If you want the amateur ideal for NCAA football, you have access to it. Pick a small college in an intramural league. Follow that college's team.

But you won't. Because the product of the truly amateur ideal is so inferior. What folks actually want is all of the personal benefit of a professionally funded and broadcast sport, while claiming the 'amateur" status for the ones who really sacrifice to make it what it is. It's pretty much selfishness personified.
So...it's just for our entertainment? That is garbage.

Jordan Addison is college football's top available player in the transfer portal and was spotted this week working out with Alabama quarterback Bryce Young in California, according to a report by The Athletic. Addison's name appeared Tuesday, 247Sports learned. He was given a transfer rating of 97, making him the No. 5 transfer overall in the 2022 cycle.

Potential landing spots for Addison include USC, Alabama and Texas, along with several other programs expected to be in the mix. Alabama has signed five transfers this cycle, including Georgia wideout Jermaine Burton. The Crimson Tide must replace several pass-catching options from last season's SEC championship team including two transfer casualties and NFL Draft selections Jameson Williams and John Metchie.

Young is from California and returned home following the conclusion of Alabama's spring practice.

My Dream scenario; and sorry it’s not a good one for you Reds fans:

Real Madrid wins today and wins Champions League finals.
Man City wins the Premier League.
My blues win the FA cup.

This has Liverpool go from “a possible quadruple!!” to just winning the league cup, which is the lowest domestic trophy possible, and also keeps Man City from winning the one trophy they all want so bad.. the Champions League.

Sorry, but it’s the best possible scenario for all other Premier League fans 😁
I get it. I would almost agree but really don't want Man City to win any damned thing at all, LOL. Especially not the Premier League. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

IMG_4101.jpeg.35e8ad0f742ed4e1b9884990d804ab61.jpeg

David Skinns repping UT Orange.............

Hooker coming from the portal, being patient, working hard for his spot, then collecting NIL bucks is such an awesome story that we're selling the hell out of right now. One of the best things that could happen to us during this portal party/NIL era. I think that's why we keep popping up on all of these transfer players' lists. Even the smaller/mid school guys with high upside (better than the level they were playing at, anyway) are trying to come here. They all see the potential of working hard, contributing, exceling, being rewarded.

An indirect benefit of this will be greater competition at all positions, not to mention the improved depth. And our coaches and players can point to Hooker as the shining example of how to make it here, improve your immediate standing, and improve your career ambitions of making it to the next level.

I get it. I would almost agree but really don't want Man City to win any damned thing at all, LOL. Especially not the Premier League. It will be fun to see how it all plays out.

Man City winning EPL just feels like the status quo so doesn’t bother me as much as if they won the Champions League.

I’m supposed to hate Liverpool being a Chelsea fan, and I do to an extent, but I do like some individuals like Mane and Klopp within Liverpool which makes it harder for me to hate them like I do Alabama or Florida, but I try my best 😁

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back