UFC Thread

So apparently Masvidal told Colby it wasn't over and if he saw him in the streets it was going down. Now I don't know how to feel. Did Mas 100% sucker punch him? Or did Colby turn his back to him because he didn't want to fight?

Bro, you slept on his couch when you were poor and he took care of you before you made it into the UFC. Then when there is some extra $ to make on a PPV, you talk about his family?

So apparently Masvidal told Colby it wasn't over and if he saw him in the streets it was going down. Now I don't know how to feel. Did Mas 100% sucker punch him? Or did Colby turn his back to him because he didn't want to fight?

Bro, you slept on his couch when you were poor and he took care of you before you made it into the UFC. Then when there is some extra $ to make on a PPV, you talk about his family?
Did he talk about his family or just call Masvidal a deadbeat dad? That's what I heard but I don't really know.

Shouldn't talk about his family, but Masvidal had 25 legal minutes to fight him and he got beat. Can't be out sucker punching people in public.

But is that what actually happened is my point? He told him he was coming, so he had the warning and if Colby saw him and turned his back to him, then it's not a sucker punch.

You can say "settle it in the ring" but Colby is a point fighter and it wasn't really settled in the ring, if you're a gangster like Mas is. Colby knows who Mas is.

But is that what actually happened is my point? He told him he was coming, so he had the warning and if Colby saw him and turned his back to him, then it's not a sucker punch.

You can say "settle it in the ring" but Colby is a point fighter and it wasn't really settled in the ring, if you're a gangster like Mas is. Colby knows who Mas is.
Jorge was not outpointed, he was dominated… completely.

Reactions: Ttucke11
Jorge was not outpointed, he was dominated… completely.

He dominated him with points. Look at Madvidal's face after the fight. His face looks like he grappled for 5 rounds and he got hit 200 times....because Covington is a point fighter

He dominated him with points. Look at Madvidal's face after the fight. His face looks like he grappled for 5 rounds and he got hit 200 times....because Covington is a point fighter
If you get thrown around and then held down against your will like that… you got dominated. Like Couture and GSP… may be boring… but it’s winning. At least if you get knocked out, you can claim you just got caught.

If you get thrown around and then held down against your will like that… you got dominated. Like Couture and GSP… may be boring… but it’s winning. At least if you get knocked out, you can claim you just got caught.

Do I need to agree with you again that he got dominated in order for you to understand that I agree he got dominated?

Domination and point fighting are not mutually exclusive ideas.

Colby is great because he is skilled, has good physicality, excellent pace, and he's good at sticking to the game plan. But face it, the game plan is point fighting. He has 1 finish in 6 years and it was a rib injury.

...and Couture finished dudes all the time. GSP at least proved that he could be a big time finisher before becoming a boring point fighter

Reactions: SD189
Do I need to agree with you again that he got dominated in order for you to understand that I agree he got dominated?

Domination and point fighting are not mutually exclusive ideas.

Colby is great because he is skilled, has good physicality, excellent pace, and he's good at sticking to the game plan. But face it, the game plan is point fighting. He has 1 finish in 6 years and it was a rib injury.
I just thought you were acting like Masvidal has a chance against Covington. Colby’s “character” is a little tired and played out, but many people act like he’s “not that good” bc he isn’t flashy etc… I like reading your discussion after the fights, just misunderstood you man. My apologies.

...and Couture finished dudes all the time. GSP at least proved that he could be a big time finisher before becoming a boring point fighter
I do have 2 questions- how do you feel about Joe Rogan saying he disagrees with standing people up when the action slows down on the ground? Too much too type now, but he made a pretty good point about not standing them back up.
Second, do you think they should go back to the old way of no rounds- just a running clock? I definitely think it would change up a lot of strategies.

I do have 2 questions- how do you feel about Joe Rogan saying he disagrees with standing people up when the action slows down on the ground? Too much too type now, but he made a pretty good point about not standing them back up.
Second, do you think they should go back to the old way of no rounds- just a running clock? I definitely think it would change up a lot of strategies.

For the sake of the viewer, stand them up.

I could go either way on clock. Pride used to do a 10' first round and then a 5' second round and it worked. I dislike the bell saving a guy from a KO but I do like giving dudes a minute to catch their breath and adjust strategy so that the action is better.

Does anyone actually think Bones ever fights again? I would put more money on no then yes.

Got my wife into UFC after it was the first sport to return from COVID. She asked me why she always hears about Jones, McGregor, and Masvidal. In the 2 years she's watched, she's seen them go a combine 0-5 with Jones not stepping in the ring.

I say he fights again, probably Stipe, gets destroyed. Goes on a bender and finally completely loses it.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards

VN Store

Back