‘23 GA OT Shamurad Umarov (Tennessee commit)

I can’t imagine he’s all that far down the list though, even if he’s the #3-4 OT on the board.

By the time he OVs here 6/24 we’ll have had the BBQ with Simmons on his own OV (and then a few subsequent ones) and hopefully Mauigoa in on an UV. Therefore we’ll have a really good sense of where we stand with those two.
He only said half of what AP said. AP also said we would take him right now

Shamurad Umarov knows that a number of college coaches are likely to continue visiting his school this month to see him during the spring evaluation period. But he already has identified a handful of favorites he’s considering, and he doesn’t expect any additional offers he receives to change his group of favorites.

The four-star Class of 2023 offensive tackle from Denmark High School in Alpharetta, Ga., announced Sunday afternoon that he has narrowed his focus to four finalists: Tennessee, Georgia, Michigan State and LSU. He plans to take official visits to all four schools in June before making his college decision leading up to the start of his senior season.

The 6-foot-6, 315-pound Umarov said he’s scheduled to take official visits to Michigan State the weekend of June 3, Georgia the weekend of June 10 and LSU the weekend of June 17 before traveling to Tennessee the weekend of June 24.

Umarov said his interest in each of his finalists is at least partly “based off of the O-line coach” at each school. First-year Georgia offensive line coach Stacy Searels is no exception.

Tennessee, which extended an offer to Umarov in October and has hosted him on a pair of visits since January, has impressed him with its “whole coaching staff,” he said, led by offensive line coach Glen Elarbee.

“Coach Elarbee, he’s awesome,” Umarov said. “He’s been coming to my school every chance he’s gotten, and he’s been calling me, talking to my parents. My grandma loves him. My whole family loves him.

“And then their whole staff — like, their offensive coordinator, Alex Golesh, and their graduate assistants on the O-line, and just in general their whole staff — is on the same page. They all know what they want, and it’s not one person wanting one thing, the national championship, and one person just trying to get to the league in coaching.

“I could definitely tell they’re a solid group, because I’ve heard the head coach, O-line coach and the graduate assistants, they’ve all been together in, like, Missouri and (Central) Florida. And just, in general, they’ve just all been together, so that definitely means a lot.”

Umarov said he has continued to hear “a lot” from the Vols, too, and they’re currently recruiting him as hard as anyone.

“They’re always on me — every other day, every day,” he said. “But it’s not an annoying part. They do it pretty good consistently, though.”
-Callahan

VN Store

Back