Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's more from Kansas yesterday:

Just another reason to not live in flyover country. Tornadoes are a big NOPE. Hurricanes PASS. Earthquakes not as scared of with modern buildings, but would still rather not. I'll also add any place with killer bugs and creatures, such as Australia.

Living in the mountains protects us from all the crap trying to murder us 😅

Having a lot of tackles isn’t the big time stat you think it is for a LB. If it were he would have benn first or second team all SEC. Banks is not a good LB.
Jeremy Banks played his azz off for us…… we are extremely lucky and should be very grateful to have him…. The defense would be much worse without him.

I'll be the first to admit I'm hesitant on Martinez and always have been.Credit where credit is due he had those guys playing well last year.Ill eat my crow on that one for now...

Nobody wants to talk about the other side of the coin last season - Burrell, Tank and a mediocre Flowers. Two good d-backs versus the other three yucks.

By all means we should celebrate the successes. But the secondary's competency is yet to be proven. #122 in the nation in passing yards allowed at 273.2 last season.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Nobody wants to talk about the other side of the coin last season - Burrell, Tank and a mediocre Flowers. Two good d-backs versus the other three yucks.

By all means we should celebrate the successes. But the secondary's competency is yet to be proven. #122 in the nation in passing yards allowed at 273.2 last season.
He does really good with what he has…. When everyone was complaining about Martinez when he was hired here…. I decided to look and see what story the stats told….. I looked all the way back to the early 2000’s …… I was shocked that the best years were by far the Martinez years

Y’all remember when Ole Miss was #1 team in the nation?

7-14 in the SEC and unranked now. BaseVols took their soul 💀💀

No kidding. The Ole Miss fan faithfully updating the schedule on the 2022 Ole Miss Rebels baseball team Wikipedia article gave up after the Tennessee series. The schedule on that article is frozen in time at UT's third win over Ole Miss on March 27.

But the secondary's competency is yet to be proven. #122 in the nation in passing yards allowed at 273.2 last season.
C'mon, volume stats are just garbage with knowing we play at an absurdly high tempo. We faced almost as many pass attempts as anyone in the country, right there with UGA, Alabama, and OSU. And we only played 13 games. So of course we allowed a high passing YPG.

Screenshot_20220501-170601_Chrome.jpg

Better measures would be efficiencies.

2021:
YPA allowed 60th
QBR allowed 63rd

Both just above the national median.

And he was working with...
2020:
YPA allowed 110th
QBR allowed 105th

So we jumped ~50 spots in both categories...and without hardly any pass rush. Impressive improvement iyam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back