‘23 GA SDE Victor Burley (Clemson commit)

-Callahan

Not everyone can play for CRG or match his energy for that matter. Make no mistake he’s using his connections to help Tennessee here and build strong relationships. The front 4 could have a strong turnaround in a short time if guys like these keeps popping up at Tennessee events. They all won’t get away…

-Callahan

giphy.gif

Pruitt always had baggage. I don’t think most were under the impression he was a great guy. The incident with Richt was fairly known, his recruiting tactics were fairly known as well.
Too many people believed in Fulmer. Fulmer never left the 90's. A guy like Pruitt might have been a great replacement for Fulmer in '99. The game on the field and everything off the field has changed a lot since then.

Too many people believed in Fulmer. Fulmer never left the 90's. A guy like Pruitt might have been a great replacement for Fulmer in '99. The game on the field and everything off the field has changed a lot since then.

I admit fully I thought he was what Tennessee needed at the time considering everything that was going on outside the program.

Little did I know the back door meetings that would happen down the road that nearly put Tennessee in the Stone Age.

I admit fully I thought he was what Tennessee needed at the time considering everything that was going on outside the program.

Little did I know the back door meetings that would happen down the road that nearly put Tennessee in the Stone Age.
I bought in fully. Have always wanted a technically upper tier X’s and O’s HC and I thought he’d have the defensive side of that covered and (hopefully) hire a difference making offensive mind to call plays. Hasn’t been a reality in my Vols lifetime since I was a wee baby when Dickey was HC. Walt Harris and Cut were very good and some will trot out Kiffin, but the first two never entered the hall of elite imo and we got the low grade chuck of that Lane pot roast (UCLA game, Ole Miss). My jury’s still out on Banks but Heupel has more than delivered that missing factor we’ve maybe always lacked.

I bought in fully. Have always wanted a technically upper tier X’s and O’s HC and I thought he’d have the defensive side of that covered and (hopefully) hire a difference making offensive mind to call plays. Hasn’t been a reality in my Vols lifetime since I was a wee baby when Dickey was HC. Walt Harris and Cut were very good and some will trot out Kiffin, but the first two never entered the hall of elite imo and we got the low grade chuck of that Lane pot roast (UCLA game, Ole Miss). My jury’s still out on Banks but Heupel has more than delivered that missing factor we’ve maybe always lacked.

I’m not saying Banks isn’t the guy he showed flashes of what his defense could be but he needs a lot of quality depth across the board to keep up. I tried explaining this before Hype got here: If Tennessee wants to fully commit to this offense the defense will need loads of talent class after class to find the success they truly want: championships

Honestly me too. I thought Fulmer might have learned his lesson between his firing and becoming AD. Instead, he hired a guy that IMO was "his guy" because he wanted to prove you could still win the way he won in the 90's and early 2000's.

I’m not saying Banks isn’t the guy he showed flashes of what his defense could be but he needs a lot of quality depth across the board to keep up. I tried explaining this before Hype got here: If Tennessee wants to fully commit to this offense the defense will need loads of talent class after class to find the success they truly want: championships
I'm honestly disappointed with the way they played D. They said they were going to play high pressure but too many times didn't. I really thought (and hoped) that they would apply the folklore attributed to Spurrier- stop them or let them score... just get me the ball back.

The D was much, much better when playing with their ears pinned back. Even if they weren't... most teams don't want to be in a track meet with Heupel's O.

Reactions: PA Vol

VN Store

Back