‘23 NC EDGE Rico Walker (Maryland commit)

Everyone acts like that's the greatest job on Earth. Following Saban is a terrible gig...especially with those fans, as you allude.

I used to say all the time if he could keep his staff together Bama would pay whatever it took to get them all there.

Now that they’re all gone we’ll see if he can maintain.

I’m guessing that Venerables was the centerpiece of the recruiting success but who knows.

Bama is a much better job than Clemson.

That’s why.
Depends on what you're evaluating on. I'd take Clemson every day for location. Competition favors Clemson. Both have similar recruiting bases and access. There's a lot of pressure at Clemson but not on the level of Bama. Both have an almost open check book when it comes to facilities.

The top end salary potential favors Bama. Tradition and history favor Bama though Clemson isn't bad.

Unless Dabo is purely driven by the money... he would be foolish to leave Clemson for Bama. As for going back to his alma mater... two words... Mike Shula.

PS- Both have poo-pooed NIL but both have fanbases that will support it in big ways. Clemson has less opportunity because even with all the success they're not the most popular team in the state. That's the loveable losers from Columbia.

Last edited:
I used to say all the time if he could keep his staff together Bama would pay whatever it took to get them all there.

Now that they’re all gone we’ll see if he can maintain.

I’m guessing that Venerables was the centerpiece of the recruiting success but who knows.
Yeah there is going to be noticeable dip once the talents runs out, other ACC teams are catching them

Reactions: Volanooga2521
Depends on what you're evaluating on. I'd take Clemson every day for location. Competition favors Clemson. Both have similar recruiting bases and access. There's a lot of pressure at Clemson but not on the level of Bama. Both have an almost open check book when it comes to facilities.

The top end salary potential favors Bama. Tradition and history favor Bama though Clemson isn't bad.

Unless Dabo is purely driven by the money... he would be foolish to leave Clemson for Bama. As for going back to his alma mater... two words... Mike Shula.

PS- Both have poo-pooed NIL but both have fanbases that will support it in big ways. Clemson has less opportunity because even with all the success they're not the most popular team in the state. That's the loveable losers from Columbia.

I wouldn’t go that far. The wagon got a lot of new members when they starting winning at Clemson.
Dabo will feel pressure to maintain or recreate success whichever he chooses. Good luck with that.

Saban poo-pooed NIL so much that he was bragging about Bruce Young's 7-figure deal before the kid had thrown a pass at Bama (last preseason).

Reactions: sjt18 and TheRain
Yeah there is going to be noticeable dip once the talents runs out, other ACC teams are catching them
Clemson only became an elite program in the back half of the 2010's because we were such a dumpster fire. They were dominating with players from Knoxville, Atlanta and the Carolinas (3 of our 4 most important recruiting areas). Atlanta and the Carolinas basically won us the 98 title (Bryson, Deon Grant, Jamal Lewis, Cosey Coleman, Shaun Ellis, Darwin Walker, etc.)

I wouldn’t go that far. The wagon got a lot of new members when they starting winning at Clemson.
Dabo will feel pressure to maintain or recreate success whichever he chooses. Good luck with that.
Few guys do. I actually like him as a person so I hope he's wise enough to stay put.

Few guys do. I actually like him as a person so I hope he's wise enough to stay put.

In the end it’s the smart move and Clemson can match $$ with anyone. Something about cash silos in a corn field do west of campus they rave about. Who knows….

Everyone acts like that's the greatest job on Earth. Following Saban is a terrible gig...especially with those fans, as you allude.
What you’ve said isn’t wrong BUT as much pressure as that job has it comes with a lot of power, money, etc. Whoever takes it is set for life regardless. You can say someone’s career is ruined if they don’t succeed but most guys are coaching for the opportunity at a job like that.

VN Store

Back