The Atlanta Braves Thread

View attachment 450467Just an update, on May 10th, my little girl will be having skull surgery. She has Metopic craniosynostosis if you want to look it up. The ridge in the front of her forehead down to her nose is what the surgery is on. Her skull fused too fast in the womb and won’t allow for brain growth around the toddler years. The surgery is 99% successful. It will take about 6 hours and we will be in the ICU for 4-5 days. As before, we are still at peace with it for now but will likely be a nervous wreck come that time. We met our surgeon at Vandy and he is supposed to be a rockstar at this. I’m only telling ahead of time so we can get some much needed prayers in. Much love to you guys. Y’all are family! GBO/B4DL
Prayers up for you, your little angel, and the family brother. 🙏🏽

Reactions: Wickman
View attachment 450467Just an update, on May 10th, my little girl will be having skull surgery. She has Metopic craniosynostosis if you want to look it up. The ridge in the front of her forehead down to her nose is what the surgery is on. Her skull fused too fast in the womb and won’t allow for brain growth around the toddler years. The surgery is 99% successful. It will take about 6 hours and we will be in the ICU for 4-5 days. As before, we are still at peace with it for now but will likely be a nervous wreck come that time. We met our surgeon at Vandy and he is supposed to be a rockstar at this. I’m only telling ahead of time so we can get some much needed prayers in. Much love to you guys. Y’all are family! GBO/B4DL

Praying for your beautiful family brother

Y’all stay in my prayers Wick

God bless her for a successful procedure and recovery. Keep us posted

Will continue praying for you guys brother

Prayers.

She is gorgeous and my thoughts are with you and your family.

Agreed. It sucks a lot.
I feel like I'm more plugged into the matrix than ever. What are the benefits I'm missing. The few I see: gas, commuting, farting whenever I want.

The downside, I don't leave my house.

The only benefit would be if I just stopped working the 40, started doing house projects or just hanging with the kids. But that's just not working. Which is probably where I will end up. Is that the unspoken truth of all this? People just aren't really working?

I'm usually just a lurker in this thread, but I wanted to say I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this. My wife and I are praying for a good outcome. Beautiful baby, btw!

I feel like I'm more plugged into the matrix than ever. What are the benefits I'm missing. The few I see: gas, commuting, farting whenever I want.

The only benefit would be if I just stopped working the 40, started doing house projects or just hanging with the kids. But that's just not working. Which is probably where I will end up. Is that the unspoken truth of all this? People just aren't really working?
This is a very interesting and honestly pessimistic assessment.

I think there are tons of variables depending on role, contributions, industry, company and boss that makes generalizations tough.

What goes into “working a 40” ? I would contend there aren’t many (any?) jobs were you’re slamming on a keyboard 40 hours a week. There’s likely an efficiency issue in process, technology or person.

It's easy. Working from home = less time spent in front of those who lack intelligence also known as my co workers, which equals less stress when they inevitably do something dumb.

VN Store

Back