2024 Recruiting Thread

The 2022 recruiting class is a prime example of trust the process. They had a plan and executed it to perfection.
2023 & 2024 will be different now with Tennessee regaining prominence on the WBB platform. It’s not about one recruit and who is or isn’t coming to Tennessee. People should know by now that ish doesn’t mean nothing.. Rocky Top is the move!

It's remarkable how many great players from the state of Tennessee have passed on playing for Tennessee in the past ten years. Not even just women's basketball - it seems to happen quite a bit across the big sports, well, except for Barnes, he's done some heavy lifting to close the gap in men's basketball.

The 2022 recruiting class is a prime example of trust the process. They had a plan and executed it to perfection.
2023 & 2024 will be different now with Tennessee regaining prominence on the WBB platform. It’s not about one recruit and who is or isn’t coming to Tennessee. People should know by now that ish doesn’t mean nothing.. Rocky Top is the move!
Your post is moving but in contrast with each other.you say 23 and 24 will be different then it does matter about that one recruit or who is or who isn't coming.for 23 and 24 to be different.we need an elite recruit or two at TN to build around or build with what we got. that ish means nothing if you want sweet 16s but it means something if you want final fours and nattys let's be real

Reactions: Voluble2
Your post is moving but in contrast with each other.you say 23 and 24 will be different then it does matter about that one recruit or who is or who isn't coming.for 23 and 24 to be different.we need an elite recruit or two at TN to build around or build with what we got. that ish means nothing if you want sweet 16s but it means something if you want final fours and nattys let's be real

I don’t know what you all definition of “ELITE” is.. there’s been numerous situations that have proven just because a player is highly ranked out of HS they will be a very good or great collegiate basketball player.
On the other hand, so many players that weren’t highly ranked coming out of HS have absolutely thrived in WBB on the collegiate level.
Two players Tennessee added out of the portal were highly ranked “ELITE” and heavily recruited in HS. Both committed to Tennessee over schools such as LSU, Louisville, Baylor, Texas, Ole Miss, Alabama etc out of the portal.
Would it damage some fans ego so badly to admit that maybe the staff KNOWS exactly what they’re doing in terms of recruiting HS players? To me, if a college player can see the purpose to consider and sign with Tennessee over teams that are signing so called “ELITE” recruits… then maybe just maybe the staff is actually capable of getting the players they want out of HS and the portal.
I mean, they did sign a 2022 5⭐️ All-American in Justine Pissott.
If you don’t think she’s a major piece to building a championship contender then it’s questionable judgement.

Last edited:
It's remarkable how many great players from the state of Tennessee have passed on playing for Tennessee in the past ten years. Not even just women's basketball - it seems to happen quite a bit across the big sports, well, except for Barnes, he's done some heavy lifting to close the gap in men's basketball.

Give Heupel credit, he just snagged the state's top player. But yes, Pat would be sad to see the state of Lady Vol in-state recruiting now...

Never try to speak for the late Coach Pat Summit..
You still haven’t congratulated the #9 pick in the WNBA draft Rae Burrell.
Came here only to diminish the commitment of a really talented player who was the 2nd leading rebounder in the country before her season ended.
Those truths of your character speak directly to your lack of credibility.
It’ll never matter what you think about how Coach KH does her job..

I don’t know what you all definition of “ELITE” is.. there’s been numerous situations that have proven just because a player is highly ranked out of HS they will be a very good or great collegiate basketball player.
On the other hand, so many players that weren’t highly ranked coming out of HS have absolutely thrived in WBB on the collegiate level.
Two players Tennessee added out of the portal were highly ranked “ELITE” and heavily recruited in HS. Both committed to Tennessee over schools such as LSU, Louisville, Baylor, Texas, Ole Miss, Alabama etc out of the portal.
Would it damage some fans ego so badly to admit that maybe the staff KNOWS exactly what they’re doing in terms of recruiting HS players? To me, if a college player can see the purpose to consider and sign with Tennessee over teams that are signing so called “ELITE” recruits… then maybe just maybe the staff is actually capable of getting the players they want out of HS and the portal.
I mean, they did sign a 2022 5⭐️ All-American in Justine Pissott.
If you don’t think she’s a major piece to building a championship contender then it’s questionable judgement.
Boston was elite she has a championship Paige was elite two final fours Hayley Jones was elite she has a championship I rather get them and get proven they are not elite than not get them at all and like I told you It would have been better if we had gotten both elite players out of high school with 3 to 4 years than the portal 1 to 2 years I'm glad Jackson and Powell are here but Imagine if they had chosen us over all those schools coming out of high school instead of the portal we could have been in a final 4 or championship game by now

Reactions: lfvol and mcannon1
Boston was elite she has a championship Paige was elite two final fours Hayley Jones was elite she has a championship I rather get them and get proven they are not elite than not get them at all and like I told you It would have been better if we had gotten both elite players out of high school with 3 to 4 years than the portal 1 to 2 years I'm glad Jackson and Powell are here but Imagine if they had chosen us over all those schools coming out of high school instead of the portal we could have been in a final 4 or championship game by now

At the time both committed we were not in a good coaching position. We were already looking suspicious when Jackson was recruited out of HS.

When Powell was recruited we were in the midst of a coaching change and it was ugly lol.

Kellie is building smartly. Take the right HS player then use the portal to add exceptional players that complement the teams skill sets. On paper, we haven't had this much depth in a while and when we did, the chemistry was not good.
Could hurt in the long run after the Covid years leave…

Give Heupel credit, he just snagged the state's top player. But yes, Pat would be sad to see the state of Lady Vol in-state recruiting now...

So, you speak for Pat now? Really? So, if you can then maybe I can give it a try:

Pat would be sad to see LV 'fans' constantly, incessantly, and unfairly attacking Kellie Harper.

VN Store

Back