‘23 TN OLB Caleb Herring (Tennessee Commit)

BOOM! Let's go!
iu

SCOUTING REPORT
“Caleb is a good person. I’ve never gotten a negative report on him from any teacher in the building. The principal – she loves him. It’s not because he’s a high-profile football player, but it’s because he’s a good human being. He’s ‘yes sir,’ ‘no sir,’ and ‘yes mam,’ ‘no mam.’ He’ll talk to anyone in the hallway and always has a smile on his face. His mom has done a great job and he’s a kind-hearted young man off the field.

Caleb is a leader – kids follow him. He’s not very vocal, but he leads by action.
I have said this about a lot of players from the ‘22 and now ‘23 class recruited by Heupel - there is a definite trend of seeking these “high character”/“leader” type of kids.

I believe that will pay enormous dividends down the road

From wiltfong article

Beyond Herring, Heupel and company have some big fish on the line. Four-star safety Sylvester Smith is announcing his college decision next Tuesday and the 247Sports Crystal Ball is pointing towards Knoxville.

Quarterback Nicholaus Iamaleava is the leader of the class but when all said and done he might not be the only five-star. Tennessee is in good position for another edge rusher in Chandavian Bradley and they’re in the middle of it for Vic Burley.

Beyond those names, the Vols have a great chance to land coveted receiver Carnell Tate, and a few guys the staff absolutely loves and are pushing hard for are linebackers CJ Allen, Jeremiah Telander, cornerback Branden Strozier, athlete Christian Conyer and safety John Slaughter.
Imagine how good we could be if Heupel could recruit!

Reactions: sjt18 and Devo182
I have said this about a lot of players from the ‘22 and now ‘23 class recruited by Heupel - there is a definite trend of seeking these “high character”/“leader” type of kids.

I believe that will pay enormous dividends down the road
Matches up perfectly with what @LA Vol said a few months ago about UT admin & UTAD having a clear direction about the culture they intend to build here - starting with coaches & then athletes! I find it ironic that other fans like to try to paint our baseball team as villains when we all know they wish they had a team like our's - a good-looking, energetic coach & players with aggressive mentality having a ton of fun! As @DarthVol1 (I think) likes to say Clean Living Prevails! I'm so excited to see the next few years on Rocky Top play out!

VN Store

Back