Just Say No to QR Codes!

Hopefully this uniform plans was hatched after AD white left UCF and not something we will see at UT anytime soon. I sure hope UT players are moving so fast your phone can’t focus on the QR codes.

UCF football team is trading jersey numbers for QR codes
Pretty smart, ugly, but smart. Puts the media guide in your palms, and also, each player bio can have a link to their merch sight. Score a TD I’ll buy a $2 sticker of you while I’m in the stadium celebrating

Is the NCAA really going to allow this lunacy ?
I imagine they can’t link the QR code to their merch sight yet as that would be the university peddling deals for them, but it might could lead to their IG and that will have their merch. As long as all uniforms are the same, I think it’s within the uniform rules

Well we know the script that every play by play team working a UCF game this season will run into the ground. It’s creative on UCF’s part. Cannot knock them for finding a way to appeal to this generation of athletes and empower their ability to build their individual brand in a new way.

Dumb, just put a QR code out as soon as you get through the ticket line, or at every section entrance, or at concession stands.

obviously this plan is BRILLIANT and is an idea before its' time

you old fuddy duds just don't get it and don't appreciate it

obviously

BLUE FONT, MAYBE

This is the dumbest sh*t I’ve seen in a long time. At least the article says it’s “this spring”. Doesn’t say it’ll carry forward into the season. I tend to identify some players first by their jersey number on the back anyway, not the front, so putting the QR code on the back makes it harder to identify the player without hoping the camera zooms on on the name of an unfamiliar player. Besides, I’m not gonna keep pausing my game stream to scan ridiculous codes just to get an angle that will scan where the player happens to be standing still enough to get a clear shot. #dumb

add me to that - this is the most idiotic thing Ive ever seen - cant people put the damn phones down and watch the ballgame ?

This isn't for in the game. It's so when their image is posted places (like VN), you would be able to use the QR code there to reach a bio or socials or more details about that specific player in the image.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
If it's just for spring practice/game...what's this mean?

I’m just not sure how well it will work when you’re actually watching one of their games, though.

If you’re in the stands, are you supposed to zoom in extremely far on your phone while attempting to track a QR code that’s attached to a player sprinting across a field? And if you’re watching on TV, will you just have to wait for a close-up? That’s probably why UCF also decided to put QR codes on its jumbotron, but who knows if other stadiums will display the codes during away games.

VN Store

Back