Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

She's going to make an WNBA roster. The only saving grace she has left is to win a NCAA championship which UConn has a good chance of doing.

Read somewhere that going to uconn got her drafted that high... I don't know if she'll make a roster but what we do know is she is 0-2 when it comes to trying to win a NCAA championship

Reactions: NoBackBoard
Read somewhere that going to uconn got her drafted that high... I don't know if she'll make a roster but what we do know is she is 0-2 when it comes to trying to win a NCAA championship

Yes, exactly. Any other school and she’s not even close to on the WNBA radar. Same for ONO. Just laughable honestly.

Williams is the only one from UCONN that I think has a legit chance of making a roster. Really think she’s a quality player. Honestly don’t think she and Geno were ever really on the same page. She could be good in a different system with a different coach.

Westbrook will fade into obscurity. She never really had it to begin with. Her best playing days were her one good season at UT and the season itself was a disaster. She was always more interested in individual attention and accomplishments than the success of the team. Even at UCONN. Was obvious again when she was having to play their PG and putting up good numbers while they lost or barely beat teams. Sound familiar?

You could see it all over Geno’s face how much he hated how his team looked when she was in charge as well.

Unlike some of the others around here I have not forgiven her and don’t plan to. Low character person if you ask me. Sorry not sorry.

Last edited:
Yes, exactly. Any other school and she’s not even close to on the WNBA radar. Same for ONO. Just laughable honestly.

Williams is the only one from UCONN that I think has a legit chance of making a roster. Really think she’s a quality player. Honestly don’t think she and Geno were ever really on the same page. She could be good in a different system with a different coach.

Westbrook will fade into obscurity. She never really had it to begin with. Her best playing days were her one good season at UT and the season itself was a disaster. She was always more interested in individual attention and accomplishments than the success of the team. Even at UCONN. Was obvious again when she was having to play their PG and putting up good numbers while they lost or barely beat teams. Sound familiar?

You could see it all over Geno’s face how much he hated how his team looked when she was in charge as well.

Unlike some of the others around here I have not forgiven her and don’t plan to. Low character person if you ask me. Sorry not sorry.

Wow, not forgiven... this is sports, don't take things personal especially she doesn't know u. U never kn we might get one of Uconn star tomorrow.

Reactions: glv98
912DE08E-C51E-4AD9-A7C9-911F061A6AB5.jpeg
Vandy looking like a lot of schools. Quite a few hitting the road and the new recruits are….who? Don’t think their game will translate well to the SEC. Shae gonna find out lol.

At the moment she only has 7 players returning from her team last season and only one of those is listed over 6’ and I think that 6’2” is a generous billing for Washington. Looks about 5’11” to me. Two tiny guards she’s bringing in don’t rectify that. If she isn’t able to find a serviceable post they will be dead last in the SEC.

Last edited:
Lil birdie that sounds good for S.Carolina.
Rocky Top is the move right now🍊. Good luck wherever this player lands.
We have plenty options.
🏆🏆 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
We'll see at seasons end next year. This bravado has been playing out for years here. From the "Dawn hasn't won, we have the better players, she can't win a title." I have been here since 2008 and it's always the same. The tide turned and the people here trashed our program more and more. I was always nice and I still try to be....but.....fans like you make it difficult. Just give credit where credit is due. That's what I do. You should try it. It makes you less miserable. Tennessee's program is on the upswing but Dawn has the national spotlight for now. She is making the rounds on national television. You should check it out.

We'll see at seasons end next year. This bravado has been playing out for years here. From the "Dawn hasn't won, we have the better players, she can't win a title." I have been here since 2008 and it's always the same. The tide turned and the people here trashed our program more and more. I was always nice and I still try to be....but.....fans like you make it difficult. Just give credit where credit is due. That's what I do. You should try it. It makes you less miserable. Tennessee's program is on the upswing but Dawn has the national spotlight for now. She is making the rounds on national television. You should check it out.
If you don’t like what we serve for dinner here, you can always eat somewhere else…I mean it’s our forum and we don’t have to “be nice” to people who invite themselves to our party. If you are seeking praise for your program, go make a chicken boneyard where you guys can squawk together…I’m just saying.

You know, sure, Dawn does these things. But Pat Summitt did them first. I can't list all of the ways she supported the University of Tennessee academics and athletics. She dressed up in a Vol cheerleading outfit and sang "Rocky Top" at a men Vols' basketball game on national television. She held private meetings with men's team players to help motivate them and even helped them with their shot. She cheered the pep band, the TBA staff, reporters, etc. She had a MUCH harder row to hoe than Dawn due to the fact that Title IX was brand new and Black players were not readily accepted on many teams. She was an advocate for all women players, not just those from TN, or white, or Black. She was a groundbreaker. Dawn is not a groundbreaker. She is a good coach with two national championships. Too many times I've seen Dawn's complicity in some of ther SC fans' trashing of the Lady Vols and Pat. And sometimes, Dawn thinks too much of herself and tries a little too hard.
Can’t say I disagree with anything here…

Given where we are societally with so much open hostility and discrimination and increasing denial by many White people that racism even exists in this country, having Black representation and role models is absolutely important. Not everyone seeks that out, but I am 100% certain that having the option to play for someone whom you know 100% understands you and what it's like to navigate life as someone with darker skin in this era, is extremely important.

Like I've said before, I feel like Staley understands that she can be that person for kids who may want/ need that extra bit of confirmation and support that one can often only get from people who look like you and sound like you and have had many of the same struggles.

It's a great time for a highly successful, Black, socially-active coach to be recruiting young, Black kids looking for a role model. And I'm okay with that!

Fortunately, our country born-and-raised, blond-haired, blue-eyed coach is about as sweet as honey, and just as genuine. Passionate about basketball, family, friends and the growth of her players -- on and off the court. Both Black and White kids can sense that, so Kellie's gonna get her share of players from all cultures.

It's all good!
This is why I don’t understand why more Black athletes don’t go to HBCUs…SC is still a PWI at the end of the day, and Dawn isn’t going to change that or the systemic racism that happens there.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

Get used to it Superfly because I don’t think Dawn is done winning just yet, seems to me she’s just getting started. I wonder how long it takes for her to win her third? Honestly think it will be as soon as next year. I think Boston will have a senior season similar to the one Wilson had where she was a clear WNBA player still playing the college game lol. If her teammates continue to rally around her Boston will definitely lead them to another championship. The difference being Boston will have tremendous help while A’ja didn’t have exactly much. Also hearing talk Dawn and staff has been out to LA under the radar recruiting JuJu Watkins and really putting a press on to land her or Mikayla Williams to possibly go along with Fulwiley and Joyce Edwards. If Dawn can land any of Williams or Watkins to go with the possibles of Fulwiley and Edwards I don’t see teams really beating her anytime soon because those 3 are probably the best HS prospects I’ve ever seen play!

Reactions: shiverz
If you don’t like what we serve for dinner here, you can always eat somewhere else…I mean it’s our forum and we don’t have to “be nice” to people who invite themselves to our party. If you are seeking praise for your program, go make a chicken boneyard where you guys can squawk together…I’m just saying.

👀

Reactions: stlvolsfan
Get used to it Superfly because I don’t think Dawn is done winning just yet, seems to me she’s just getting started. I wonder how long it takes for her to win her third? Honestly think it will be as soon as next year. I think Boston will have a senior season similar to the one Wilson had where she was a clear WNBA player still playing the college game lol. If her teammates continue to rally around her Boston will definitely lead them to another championship. The difference being Boston will have tremendous help while A’ja didn’t have exactly much. Also hearing talk Dawn and staff has been out to LA under the radar recruiting JuJu Watkins and really putting a press on to land her or Mikayla Williams to possibly go along with Fulwiley and Joyce Edwards. If Dawn can land any of Williams or Watkins to go with the possibles of Fulwiley and Edwards I don’t see teams really beating her anytime soon because those 3 are probably the best HS prospects I’ve ever seen play!
feeding.gifWe don't feed the chickens on this thread. if you have something to say there is a non-lady Vol thread. This is not your site use the appropriate thread for you crapola.

Says the poster that keeps saying they will never post here again but keeps coming back. At least live up to your word and go away.

I watched Candace Parker, Kelsey Plum, Kristi Toliver and Aja Wilson. So i've seen some of the actual best play LOL. Not knocking those girls but just saying they have a lot to live up to if they are on track for even those high school players type of careers.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back