‘23 IL WR Carnell Tate (Ohio State commit)

Just noticed on 247 they only have 4 guys rated as five stars

Tate being a 4 star even though he's ranked 2nd in the nation at WR.

Are they being stingy with 5 stars now for some reason?
It is one of the ways they hedge. They have been burned by busts and do not like the reaction from subscribers and recruits when they downgrade guys. They may promote a few more before the fall then will watch who plays well and which guys become the focus for top tier programs

JMO but I'm not really that worried about losing Tate.If we can add him that's great,but his film is okay nothing jaw dropping.I like Anthony Brown,Rogers,Hyatt just as much.Now Tate could take off this senior year n really turn into something special,but I won't lose sleep if he goes elsewhere as much as we like to have him.Man id take those Stacks of cash n toss them on the oline qnd the defenze.Also he's gonna take some time to decide.Would u hold q spot for him over say Hyatt or Rogers?Who knows really

Reactions: Smokey19rt
JMO but I'm not really that worried about losing Tate.If we can add him that's great,but his film is okay nothing jaw dropping.I like Anthony Brown,Rogers,Hyatt just as much.Now Tate could take off this senior year n really turn into something special,but I won't lose sleep if he goes elsewhere as much as we like to have him.Man id take those Stacks of cash n toss them on the oline qnd the defenze.Also he's gonna take some time to decide.Would u hold q spot for him over say Hyatt or Rogers?Who knows really
You have to think what type of high school teams he's on, as I'm sure you're well aware IMG is notoriously know for pumping out SEC and NFL Caliber players at an insane rate

Reactions: lfvol
“They say I’m important, I’m their No. 1 guy," Tate said, "and they’d love to have me here.”

“They stand at the top with the other schools," Tate said of the Vols. "People think Tennessee don’t have a chance. They do have a chance, especially with Nico (Iamaleava) at QB and Coach Heup’s offense. It’s a receiver friendly offense, the air raid offense, that I love.”

“They said I can do a little bit of both," Tate said of how Tennessee wants to use him, "I can play outside or I can play inside. They’ll find ways to get me the ball. Like right now, my high school, we’re using their offense. If I choose to come (to Tennessee), it will be an easy transition. I’ll just have to know new terminology and signals.”

“Nico is always in my ear," Tate said. "He calls me in Cali, like 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock in the morning. he doesn’t always talk about Tennessee. He’s also asking me how I’m doing. Building a connection with him right now.”

“We were around (each other) almost all the time," Tate said of spending time with Iamaleava. "Whenever he was done with football, we hung out with him all the time.”

“It definitely helps," he added. "You’ve got a QB that you have a great relationship with, going to college with. He knows what you’ve been doing, he knows what you’re capable of doing, comfortable with throwing you the ball.”

What he made clear is that the Vols helped themselves over the weekend.

“It definitely helped Tennessee a lot," Tate said.
ramey

“Nico is always in my ear," Tate said. "He calls me in Cali, like 3 o’clock, 4 o’clock in the morning. he doesn’t always talk about Tennessee. He’s also asking me how I’m doing. Building a connection with him right now.”

“We were around (each other) almost all the time," Tate said of spending time with Iamaleava. "Whenever he was done with football, we hung out with him all the time.”

That's why Nico is going to be a great leader and QB for TN. Guys on the phone making relationships and talking about things other than come to TN & football.
Guy like that is going to make the team as a whole want to play better

VN Store

Back