LV Softball Series Thread - Georgia

People keep talking about starting separate series threads for softball, so let's give it a try and see if it flies.

Georgia has some heavy bats, but it seems to me that their pitching is vulnerable.
I think we are the better team for sure but out offense has to show up. We need to take 2 out of 3 from them.

getting Ayala and Rogers back on the field at full strength would be a big help, and I am rooting for a sweep
Have you heard that Ayala will play this weekend ? Also have you heard the status of Rogers after that prolonged 24 pitch at bat last weekend.If have both Ayala and Rogers at full strength heath-wise ,things should come up all roses this weekend....especially if Rogers can pitch games on Friday and Sunday.

Have you heard that Ayala will play this weekend ?
I have "heard" nothing -- I just have high hopes ---- the LVs play player status very close to the vest, apparently so as to not give their opponents any help --- personally, I preferred the old days when teams were very open and upfront about injuries and timetables for return, but I guess privacy rights trump any other consideration these days

Reactions: alexvol
I have "heard" nothing -- I just have high hopes ---- the LVs play player status very close to the vest, apparently so as to not give their opponents any help --- personally, I preferred the old days when teams were very open and upfront about injuries and timetables for return, but I guess privacy rights trump any other consideration these days

Agree: The privacy thing has gotten a bit absurd. There are certainly cases in which privacy is warranted--say, if a player has a sensitive/serious problem beyond conventional injuries--but nowadays a lot of the injury silence is silly. Used to be if Jane sprained her ankle, a coach would say: "Yea, looks like Jane sprained an ankle and she could be out for a few days, maybe a week." Now, if Jane sprains an ankle, it's "shhhh--hush hush, can't say anything."

Reactions: Nickid1975
People keep talking about starting separate series threads for softball, so let's give it a try and see if it flies.

Georgia has some heavy bats, but it seems to me that their pitching is vulnerable.
Thanks for starting the thread Hoosier.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Getting excited about the UGA series -- gonna be fun! But first, it's opening day for the White Sox -- YAY!

sfotc2M5
Bring on the Bulldogs. #GBO

🆚 No. 16/15 Georgia
📍 Athens, Ga.
💻 SEC Network+
📲 #11 Tennessee vs. #16 Georgia (Softball) | Watch ESPN
📻 AM 990 (Knoxville)
🔊 https://t.co/IZypzvMjYz
— Tennessee Softball (@Vol_Softball) April 8, 2022

Reactions: volfan__18
well, my Sox lost their opener, and the Braves lost theirs --- I need the Lady Vols and the BaseVols to give me some joy tonight !!!

Reactions: volfan__18

VN Store

Back