Transfer Portal 21-22

Baldwin just picked the wrong program in FSU. I think she would serve the LVs well in a backup role in the LVs post rotation until the LVs can get a stud in the post in the Class of 2023. In any event, Karoline is going to hold her own as Tamari's backup this upcoming season. GBO.

We need a mobile 4 with speed. That is what Saxton was for SC, and Aaliyah Edwards. We need someone who can guard off the pick and roll and switches. Opponents killed Tamari off those screens all year long

I know players, probably better than some on here realize. I am not saying this smart, not do I mean it as a shot at you. Ive been at this a long time and not exactly a average fan.
So if you know so much, please share how you’ve come up with the conclusion that she’s CRAZY’ you shouldn’t have a problem citing specifics.

So if you know so much, please share how you’ve come up with the conclusion that she’s CRAZY’ you shouldn’t have a problem citing specifics.
Blackwell isn't crazy. She has experienced some trauma in her life. As an 8th grader, she was already much taller than her AAU teammates, and they, along with their parents, judged her. She actually wanted to quit playing because she didn't understand the hate directed toward her.

Also, Aijha was in the house when her father shot his 9-year-old step-daughter in the chest and beat a 14-year-old neighbor and her mother before being shot with a Taser by police. He died on the way to the hospital.

Her childhood was tough to say the least, and I think she lives with an enormous amount of anxiety and depression. Whether or not she has the support system to deal with it all, I don't know. But this just underscores the fact that players are people, and they experience tragedies and emotional troubles like other people. The next time you call a player lazy, etc., you need to acknowledge that there are many players who against all odds have actually survived.

We need a mobile 4 with speed. That is what Saxton was for SC, and Aaliyah Edwards. We need someone who can guard off the pick and roll and switches. Opponents killed Tamari off those screens all year long
Saxton was a complete matchup nightmare last night. Actually, SC had 3 of them: Saxton, Amihere, and Grissett. Think you lost your defender on a screen? Here come the bigs on a switch that can't just blow by. Even Boston got into the action getting matched up with Bueckers defensively. She's deceptively quick too. Then you get Watkins coming in next year who's much the same. Cardoso is really the only SC big that you can exploit if you pull her away from the basket and force her to guard you with her feet instead of her wingspan.

Blackwell isn't crazy. She has experienced some trauma in her life. As an 8th grader, she was already much taller than her AAU teammates, and they, along with their parents, judged her. She actually wanted to quit playing because she didn't understand the hate directed toward her.

Also, Aijha was in the house when her father shot his 9-year-old step-daughter in the chest and beat a 14-year-old neighbor and her mother before being shot with a Taser by police. He died on the way to the hospital.

Her childhood was tough to say the least, and I think she lives with an enormous amount of anxiety and depression. Whether or not she has the support system to deal with it all, I don't know. But this just underscores the fact that players are people, and they experience tragedies and emotional troubles like other people. The next time you call a player lazy, etc., you need to acknowledge that there are many players who against all odds have actually survived.
I am quite aware of these things and they’ve all been major influences on her. I thought her going to Mizzou was a bad choice but I understand her wanting to do it for her father.

This is why I asked the OP why he was calling her crazy and to cite specifics. You can’t go around making outlandish statements like that without facts. Thank you for taking the time to bring facts back into this conversation. People hear suspension and just run with it.

This is a very traumatic story😟

I am quite aware of these things and they’ve all been major influences on her. I thought her going to Mizzou was a bad choice but I understand her wanting to do it for her father.

This is why I asked the OP why he was calling her crazy and to cite specifics. You can’t go around making outlandish statements like that without facts. Thank you for taking the time to bring facts back into this conversation. People hear suspension and just run with it.
Yes!

Tragic...No one, especially a young person, should have to go through that...She needs a lot of TRUE support...🧡

Saxton was a complete matchup nightmare last night. Actually, SC had 3 of them: Saxton, Amihere, and Grissett. Think you lost your defender on a screen? Here come the bigs on a switch that can't just blow by. Even Boston got into the action getting matched up with Bueckers defensively. She's deceptively quick too. Then you get Watkins coming in next year who's much the same. Cardoso is really the only SC big that you can exploit if you pull her away from the basket and force her to guard you with her feet instead of her wingspan.

At one point 6-4 Amihere was on Becker she could not get open

Reactions: stlvolsfan
aTm site thinks Janiah Barker is down to them or SC. I don't know their source, but I'm not hearing much on the SC side. Not that I would have any inside info anyway, but no smoke around here that I have seen yet. I do know SC made her final 5, other than that nothing.

aTm site thinks Janiah Barker is down to them or SC. I don't know their source, but I'm not hearing much on the SC side. Not that I would have any inside info anyway, but no smoke around here that I have seen yet. I do know SC made her final 5, other than that nothing.

True from what i`m hearing also keep an eye on the Rivers situation to ?

I know players, probably better than some on here realize. I am not saying this smart, not do I mean it as a shot at you. Ive been at this a long time and not exactly a average fan.

Guessing that you grew up in Lake Wobegon and have a wingman named Boo Boo. ;)

True from what i`m hearing also keep an eye on the Rivers situation to ?
Rivers is staying put I’ve read, Russell is likely on the move and Destiny Littleton has one more year of eligibility and is a possible portal entry as well. Probably will hear from those two soon. They are both really good players, they just need a situation that offers them more PT.

I never run with it. I know that story. And its sad. That does not change the fact that she is/has not done well in a team setting which brings me to the bottom line of why I said what I said.

Bottom line is she does not fit well here. I do not think that can be argued.

Baldwin just picked the wrong program in FSU. I think she would serve the LVs well in a backup role in the LVs post rotation until the LVs can get a stud in the post in the Class of 2023. In any event, Karoline is going to hold her own as Tamari's backup this upcoming season. GBO.

Baldwin will probably end up at Vanderbilt.

We can’t say she is crazy but she has behavioral issues. She was kicked out of one high school during her senior year for theft and was suspended at least twice at Missouri.

Man I do not want to see a tandem of Barker and Watkins for 4 possible years! 🙄😩
SC has always been Championship BIG with the 1-2 punch in the paint [ie: Aja Wilson & Alana Coates: A. Boston & V. Saxton]...I don't want to see it again either but, to be truthful, they are already there and have another freshman McDonald's American coming in next year...LVs must strengthen themselves in paint in order to be competitive there...c'mon KJH...LVFL 🧡🏀🧡

I never run with it. I know that story. And its sad. That does not change the fact that she is/has not done well in a team setting which brings me to the bottom line of why I said what I said.

Bottom line is she does not fit well here. I do not think that can be argued.
Exactly. But there are very good reasons she has had trouble playing on teams. I’m not going to bring up specifics, but there have even been Lady Vols who made some mistakes. However, we have no idea if she’s interested in UT or if we’re interested in her. And if there has been mutual interest, I can assure you Kellie would know if Blackwell could thrive here.

VN Store

Back