Nat’l Championship Thread

They tied the ref's hands: When your team's #1 free throw attempter on a season takes only two (2) field goal attempts and pulls down only 2 rebounds all game long.........when your team's #2 free throw attempter on a season is out with a wrist injury.......when your team's #3 free throw attempter on a season where they also normally lead the team in drives to the basket, goes 1-8 and is almost invisible all game long.....when your team's #4 free throw attempter on a season does take 10 attempts in 18 minutes, but they are mostly perimeter jumpers due to her dealing with some sort of injury all game long.....well, you're probably going to see that team get dominated on the boards and in the paint all game long, and have a pretty off game in terms of getting fouled and going to the free throw line.

Connecticut is typically a team that does not gather fouls in any typical scenario, anyways. They don't foul, and they don't get fouled. Luigi likes smooth, free-flowing motion offense where everyone is moving, cutting, driving, and passing. Not much banging and battling in the paint. As such, CT was something like 178th nationally this past season in free throw attempts, with under 500 total attempts, while South Carolina was 5th with 700+ attempts. South Carolina played 1 more game this season than CT did.

So, you run an offense that typically does NOT generate fouls and free throws, you do NOT present much of a contest for the rebounds or points in the paint, and the vast majority of your scoring comes from perimeter jump shots.

And it surprises you that there is a vast disparity in rebounds, fouls, and free-throw attempts? Really??

yes, it does. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. Duh. It was an unfortunate night, once again of illness and injury for UConn, but as I've said earlier, I still believe SC would have eeked out the win. It was just their time.

But Stanford lost! Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Stanford will be tough next year. They practically return almost all their starters, majority at least, and have that big 6 foot 7 post player.
Stanford could've beaten SC
I think Stanford loses the Hull sisters, Anna Wilson, and Hannah Jump. That's 3 starters and an important reserve. They will be tough, but their guard issues will likely remain, or perhaps even grow.

Yup, after learning this, I’d rather UCONN to win, can’t believe I said that. So disrespectful to still not show respect for the anthem. These so called basketball games, wouldn’t even be possible if it weren’t for those who fought for the freedom and privilege to play college basketball.
This all day.

There is something about South Carolina that makes me feel like there is a little bit of lack of class in the program.

Staley wearing a Mars Blackmon type outfit. Looks unprofessional.
Is it because they’re predominantly Black? How did you conclude that they lack class? I’m far from an SC fan, but Dawn’s players are a reflection of that program and their families and they represent. Like, how can you not like Aaliyah Boston?

yes, it does. Otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned it. Duh. It was an unfortunate night, once again of illness and injury for UConn, but as I've said earlier, I still believe SC would have eeked out the win. It was just their time.
Eeeked? Face it, SC is a much more athletic team. Speed and length. Geno has not built a team that can win against that.

They did the same thing for the Louisville game. You follow the leader or lack there of. They have no clue why they are really in the locker room with their $2M a year coach.
This has been addressed time and time again and Dawn addressed it after the game. The anthem was played early (the Louisville game) . They were going through their routine and were not on the court. You seem to listen to a "talking head" that just made an observation and then...he made it something it wasn't. They "WERE" on the floor when it was played last night....so stop it ! These BS reporters and the parrots who repeat this BS are the problem with what's going on in the world. Stop being a parrot and do some research for yourself......

This has been addressed time and time again and Dawn addressed it after the game. The anthem was played early. They were going through their routine and were not on the court. You seem to listen to a "talking head" that just made an observation and then...he made it something it wasn't. These BS reporters and the parrots who repeat this BS are the problem with what's going on in the world. Stop being a parrot and think for yourself......
I agree with you but Dawn should have gotten ahead of this if she knew that was how timing would work. This is absolutely cat nip for some. You know how this will be played on certain news outlets.

Even my mom noticed who doesn’t have a clue! She said “why is the one on the end looking like that?!” 😂😂😂😂 it was so obvious it was hurting her!

They should fire her. I wonder how is lady vols commentators outstanding..

This has been addressed time and time again and Dawn addressed it after the game. The anthem was played early (the Louisville game) . They were going through their routine and were not on the court. You seem to listen to a "talking head" that just made an observation and then...he made it something it wasn't. They "WERE" on the floor when it was played last night....so stop it ! These BS reporters and the parrots who repeat this BS are the problem with what's going on in the world. Stop being a parrot and do some research for yourself......
I wouldn't worry to much about these people that keep trying to find something wrong with what anyone does as far as the National Anthem. Always going to be people. posters. etc that find something to bitch about. Regardless of the reason it was their right to do as they saw fit and no one has a right to challenge it. Enjoy your championship and forget about these uptight posters always looking for something anything to start trouble.

Bird and Taurasi show o_O

Lord help me, I actually tried to listen to that early and it became so repulsive and woke and Paige Beuckers cheerleading and then they brought LeBron on and I was out. I can't believe I ever heard two women who ought know better try to sound as if they're hip and dialed in to high school chic.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Is it because they’re predominantly Black? How did you conclude that they lack class? I’m far from an SC fan, but Dawn’s players are a reflection of that program and their families and they represent. Like, how can you not like Aaliyah Boston?

UCONN doesn't have any black players? When did black become a proper noun? When did I say I like or dislike any of the players? I'm saying players become a reflexion of their coach on any team.

I wouldn't worry to much about these people that keep trying to find something wrong with what anyone does as far as the National Anthem. Always going to be people. posters. etc that find something to bitch about. Regardless of the reason it was their right to do as they saw fit and no one has a right to challenge it. Enjoy your championship and forget about these uptight posters always looking for something anything to start trouble.

Dawn was out there for National Anthem

The tweet I was quoting was the Louisville game. I thought it was UCONN since this thread is about the championship. I possibly got that one wrong.

That defensive job by SC was something else. Paige probably never had to work as hard for her points as she did tonight.

Who thought that the best player of the night wouldn't be Boston or Bueckers, but Henny. She was exceptional on both offense and defense equally.

She dominated Beuckers on both ends of the court.

VN Store

Back