Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love this team but fielding is definitely their weakest link. Through 25 games(latest stats I can find) they were 41st in fielding percentage and 46th in errors with 21.
Yeah...I think that is a sign of losing focus on defense when you are beating the ever livin 💩 out of the other team in most of your games.

But do baseball teams even really peak and drop all that much, compared to, say, football or basketball? Developing team chemistry is so important in football and basketball and can be developed throughout the season...so that late season teams come about.

In baseball, I get individual players can develop and some will go on hot streaks or cold streaks...but there doesn't seem to be a strong reason to suddenly drop off or get passed by others, except injuries. If we were on a heater the first 5 or 10 games, I'd get it. But 20+ games in, this is who we are. This isn't just good variance. But who knows, maybe we'll get better too 😎
One hot pitcher can wreck your year.

Vandy fans forget that they only had 6 winning seasons in SEC play before Corbin arrived in 03.
Tim Corbin is to Vandy baseball what Tony Vitello will be for us...

Well, except for the great teams we've had in our history pre-1996ish.

I've got a buddy from Florida told me, "Dude, when I was in middle school I was a HUGE baseball fan and I owned a Bill Dance Vols hat because Tennessee was the sh*t at that time." He also said the Power T was big in south Florida at the time. Vols and Canes were the two football programs that carried the most weight down there, and Vols baseball was huge.

Then he grew up and became a somewhat Florida fan. Smh.

Yeah...I think that is a sign of losing focus on defense when you are beating the ever livin 💩 out of the other team in most of your games.
Agreed. As far as I know (and granted, no research and very much hyperbole), no one has ever been ranked #1 in every single category. If our pitching staff is throwing BBs and breakers like they are, and our (stickered) bats are still putting up points like they have been, them I'm ok with a boot erry now and then. Not ideal, I know, and also I know the "let's wait until we play a real team" crowd, but dang....walking into Oxford and Nashville and having to use our brooms to get out, I think I'm ok with that.

Agreed. As far as I know (and granted, no research and very much hyperbole), no one has ever been ranked #1 in every single category. If our pitching staff is throwing BBs and breakers like they are, and our (stickered) bats are still putting up points like they have been, them I'm ok with a boot erry now and then. Not ideal, I know, and also I know the "let's wait until we play a real team" crowd, but dang....walking into Oxford and Nashville and having to use our brooms to get out, I think I'm ok with that.

Yea, top 50 in fielding is still ok. There are roughly 300 D1 teams. We aren’t going to be first in every category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back