Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

This characterization of EW's comment is so disingenuous, but I know you know that. Your loyalty to Holly remains steadfast.

The reporter actually did stick a loaded mike under her nose immediate post season ending loss and asked leading questions which she meekly answered. We've all seen the video. You're the one twisting to suit your narrative.
For me, it wasn’t the innocuous comment after the game that made me disgusted with EW, it was the things she did after the comment. She got what she wanted, a Coaching change, but then left to go to our most hated rival, and there was the sorry, not sorry comment. It’s also her behavior toward Tennessee ever since leaving.

Last edited:
I was searching the internet for more info on NC State hoping to be able to really get my hopes up tonight. Not much in the local papers here but I did find this and was really surprised:
Chip Scoggins, Star Tribune
Sun, March 27, 2022, 8:08 PM·4 min read

BRIDGEPORT, CONN. – Wes Moore doesn't remember the exact year, but as coach of the Tennessee-Chattanooga women's basketball team in the 2000s, he called and asked UConn's Geno Auriemma if he could visit him and observe his program for a weekend during fall break.
Auriemma said yes, and Moore watched practices and picked the legendary coach's brain over meals for several days.
"He's built something special," Moore recalled Sunday, "and the rest of us are trying to get there."

Maybe he is less of a dbag than I thought?

How is any of this Aijha’s fault? How? Sophie was dead wrong and Aijha had the right to defend herself. Y’all dont know the half of what goes on in Columbia, especially to Black athletes.
One thing I know for sure is that Cunningham criticizing anyone else’s behavior is a farce! One of the dirtiest players ever.

Random thought, what happens if Paige decides to enter the draft early? Between her and Boston (assuming Boston doesn't leave early), who gets the top draft pick? I think based on body of work, it would have to be Boston but I could see them giving it to Bueckers.

Boston just recently turned 20, so she is not old enough to leave early. Actually Paige is a couple of months older than Boston.

Warlick needed to be fired. Was going to be fired. No player should ever publicly call for the firing of their coaches, which Westbrook did. She was not the Athletic's Director. She was not recruited to Tennessee to publicly give her opinions on Tennessee's coaching staff.
Bingo! As Maria Taylor said, players need to worry about their play. Evina was in a UT uniform for 2 years, Holly for 38. It’s just all about respect.

Talented players at every position make offenses look better than less talented players running the same offense. I could take five top NBA players and five 300 pound men and run the same offense with all having the same information and training and which group do you think would make the offense look better? Coaches get way to much credit for the offenses they run and the defenses they play. It comes down more to the players they can recruit to run the offense and defense than anything else they do. The point being in 95 out of 100 cases the coaches that can recruit are the ones that are going to be the winners. The teams making it deep in the tourney and competing for the title. We got three this season SC, Stanford, and UConn, as the most talented rosters by far then comes Louisville and NC State at about even. Michigan is a step below all five, but might have a chance to upset Louisville before they are eliminated.

Reactions: olddog
One thing I know for sure is that Cunningham criticizing anyone else’s behavior is a farce! One of the dirtiest players ever.
Yep! Also, as Aijha alluded to, Sophie is from Columbia. Her parents and grandparents are a pretty big deal in town. Sophie’s transgressions we’re swept under the rug while Aijha’s and other players were put out on full display.

FO9br5VVsAAVx-7

Yep! Also, as Aijha alluded to, Sophie is from Columbia. Her parents and grandparents are a pretty big deal in town. Sophie’s transgressions we’re swept under the rug while Aijha’s and other players were put out on full display.
Yea ok 🙄 just man up and realize she’s a thug player

VN Store

Back