Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's an amazing thing about statistics, we can bend them any way we want.
bottom line in recent history 2 1 player played 4 years without a national championship ring. It just disgusting!
It's amazing that Amb posts here like she's anythinng but a UConn fan, but when on the UConn pages, she's something totally different. #youcantfoolme

Reactions: mlindsay
It's amazing that Amb posts here like she's anythinng but a UConn fan, but when on the UConn pages, she's something totally different. #youcantfoolme
You're welcome to share any of my supposed posts on the BY where I am supportive of UConn. Go ahead...I'll wait.

The difference between me and you is that if I'm gonna post on another forum, I'm actually mindful that I'm a guest.

She's amusing. I like her a lot.

Don't be salty that I called out your nonsense months ago. I especially love how you chastise everyone here that we should lower our standards.

Tennessee may not be where they were in the past, but happily neither is UConn. Small victories.

Stanford moves on, waiting for the winner of NCST and UConn.

Looks like it will probably come down to SC vs Stanford for the NC.

Reactions: ruvol
You're welcome to share any of my supposed posts on the BY where I am supportive of UConn. Go ahead...I'll wait.

The difference between me and you is that if I'm gonna post on another forum, I'm actually mindful that I'm a guest.

Don't be salty that I called out your nonsense months ago. I especially love how you chastise everyone here that we should lower our standards.

Tennessee may not be where they were in the past, but happily neither is UConn. Small victories.
Real small

Reactions: Luna2012
Stanford moves on, waiting for the winner of NCST and UConn.

Looks like it will probably come down to SC vs Stanford for the NC.
Probably, but UConn is playing well and will probably win tomorrow night and could beat Stanford if they get hot offensively.

Probably, but UConn is playing well and will probably win tomorrow night and could beat Stanford if they get hot offensively.
I like the way Stanford is playing defense. I don't think UConn's inside players will be able to handle Stanford's frontcourt, and Jones will have a field day with whoever is guarding her. Hopefully, NCState has a say in making sure this matchup doesn't happen.

Lexie will get her chance in the WNBA this season. Maybe Lacie sticks around, but she's less problematic.
I believe that 4 Stanford players will be leaving after this season: the Hull sisters, Anna Wilson, and Hannah Jump. I also believe that it is unlikely that Tara will be open to additional Covid years for her current players since she believes (rightly imo) that Stanford scholarships are so valuable (in ways beyond basketball) that it is important to spread them among as many student-athletes as possible. This year was an exception because the NCAA allowed rosters to expand beyond the 15 player limit. (Thus, the cast of 1000s on the Stanford bench.) However, it's my understanding that the limit will be in effect once again for 2022-23, and, if so, Tara will most likely return to her standard practices.

Reactions: LV renaissance
Random thought, what happens if Paige decides to enter the draft early? Between her and Boston (assuming Boston doesn't leave early), who gets the top draft pick? I think based on body of work, it would have to be Boston but I could see them giving it to Bueckers.

Random thought, what happens if Paige decides to enter the draft early? Between her and Boston (assuming Boston doesn't leave early), who gets the top draft pick? I think based on body of work, it would have to be Boston but I could see them giving it to Bueckers.

Paige would have little motivation to go pro early. I don't know how much she is making but it should be hundreds of thousands with GatorAde, StockX, tik-tok, instagram, and a couple of other NIL deals. Same with Azzi. They'll be in college as long as they enjoy it.

This is the stuff I’m talking about with Blackwell though. Cunningham was immature to comment. No need to double down on that. Just don’t think Blackwell can toe the line enough to please most college coaches. That’s why I think LSU/Mulkey would be a good fit for her. Mulkey can work with someone like that and make them great. If they don’t wanna be great she’s not afraid to tell them to take a hike mid-seaosn.
How is any of this Aijha’s fault? How? Sophie was dead wrong and Aijha had the right to defend herself. Y’all dont know the half of what goes on in Columbia, especially to Black athletes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Paige would have little motivation to go pro early. I don't know how much she is making but it should be hundreds of thousands with GatorAde, StockX, tik-tok, instagram, and a couple of other NIL deals. Same with Azzi. They'll be in college as long as they enjoy it.

Well that's your hope at least... The reality is she could essentially double what she is making by playing overseas and endorsements. Paige's dad has also been vocal in her taking care of herself and doing what's best for her and her future. Yes, it was in reference to the injury but i think if someone comes up with something she can't pass up she would leave. That's not selfish it's setting herself up more. She has a finite shelf life playing basketball so she will/should make the most of it.

What helps is all the players that are coming back from overseas due to the russian conflict. I could see her staying because of that. We are all talking about Paige but Azzi is the one i could see leaving after her junior year.

Paige, at last report, is worth 7 figures already and growing.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
As an aside, do these deals carry over into the pros?

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN
Watching Stanford defeat Texas last night was top shelf entertainment....Both teams gave the maximum effort.....Stanford runs a beautiful offense, built around the many skills of the Jones girl...

If they play UConn, it will be one fun game...UConn may not be my favorite team, but they do play some nice offense....

In any event, the ball will keep bouncing correctly for some fortunate team...Fun tournament to watch.

So, Olivia Miles (ND) receiving death threats for losing in the tournament. Several Lady Vol parents angry about it and warning the public to steer clear of contacting their daughters.
As they should! Don’t @ a kid unless it’s positive! If someone talked about my kid like they do theirs on social media I’m going completely off on someone!!!! It’s just a flipping game!

So, Olivia Miles (ND) receiving death threats for losing in the tournament. Several Lady Vol parents angry about it and warning the public to steer clear of contacting their daughters.

Was it Olivia or Dara (who got her pocket picked for the winning layup) who got the threats? Or both, or the whole team? Doesn't really matter...this kind of crap should be stopped by authorities (the social media platforms and the law).

Mali and other parents are so justifiably riled at the abuse players get. It's easy for someone to say, "Just ignore it" or "Just stay off social media," but that's not what kids do, and besides, it will get back to them anyway through friends and others.

It's a reminder that "fans" is short for "fanatics." Then you also have the nuts, the racists, the gamblers, the trolls, the misogynists, and the ones upset over non-sports issues. Crazy times.

It wasn’t her it was Dara Mabrey receiving the threats after committing that turnover in the last minute of the game. Miles just riding for her teammate.

VN Store

Back