Kellie Harper discussion/debate thread [merged]

They did as i said they would Louisville is not big Cochran is 6-3 and physical and there best 5 post player 6-5 Dixon gave them a little lift. But TN owned the glass today. For me the bottom line is Key needs to get better it is what it is.

Reactions: ARPfan4life
Kelly reached her stretch goal of Sweet 16. I am afraid from this point it will be downhill in the future.

She is in Anartica before the 40 degree warm up this week. Awful today
TK is a great shot blocker that has trouble putting the ball in the hoop. She needs more of a soft touch. She also needs to develop a hook shot. In reality, she is in need of a good post coach. That is the problem with many post players in the women’s game. Boston,of South Carolina, worked with Tim Duncan and improved as a post player. TK also does not block out all that well and she has trouble holding on to the ball.

Coach Harper is doing just fine .. got a team with two of her highest contributors on the bench with season ending injuries to the Sweet Sixteen.. this team clawed and fought hard the rest of the way .. yes, is there a lot af room for improvement ? Absolutely! And sure it will get addressed in the off season .. looking forward to the transfer(s) and new recruits to help out next year.. Coach Harper has done well with what she has.. Heading this program in the right direction.. I’m glad no one gave up on Coach Summit when she started coaching ! Pretty sure she would be proud of what Kelli has done so far !! Proud of this team and coaching staff ! Always love the Lady Vols !!🏀😂

Tennessee out rebounded Louisville 52-36.

Our defense was awful… almost non-existent down the stretch… no effort or heart on defense at all…no Pride….

TN looked down the stretch like they were playing for a participation award, not like they were even trying to win…

They could not even run a basic screen to inbounds the ball… Awful passes and decision making…

Meanwhile the other team changed their defense after we were down by 2, and we were turning it over left and right…

We don’t look well coached… at All.
Sucks bc I want Harper to take us back to the Pat days, but it’s not going to happen without much much better defense and energy and fight.

She looked pretty much like she always does when going against a superior coach making seven figures...

1280px-Deer_staring_into_headlights.jpg

Reactions: chuck0303
A team that brings back Horston, Key, Puckett, Darby, Striplin, et al., and adds Powell, Pissott, and Rickea Jackson really has no business not being one of the best next year. Of course, next year you're also going to have a fully restored UConn (as I'm sure ESPN will repeatedly tell us about), South Carolina isn't going anywhere, Mulkey with another year under her belt at LSU, whatever Walz does at Louisville, and more ... this year's Final Four feels pretty wide open but next year's Final Four is going to be a very tough ticket for teams to come by. Even so, with Tennessee's roster, how can the goal be any less than a Final Four?

Never understood the Lady Vols only fans. Why can’t you cheer for all Vols teams?

Yea.. So we are losing the #2, 4,5,6 leading scorers off our team! (Unless some can play another year?) With our listless defense I don’t see us being much better next season….

We are recruiting really well but it looks to me like Kelly is just being too nice to these girls.. they lack toughness, and lack energy on D.

I hope we will be better next season but I’m
not convinced. My prediction is more excuses next season…

Reactions: AntiochVol81
I am sure we will be better. For anyone that does not believe coach Harper over achieve is not watching this years team. They responded with fight and played their hearts out. Key injuries are always a factor when playing teams with great talent.

For the Lady Vols to compete the way they did when they went down by fifteen was big. Being undermanned and playing freshmen at key times, and they given their all shows how they bought into their coach. She is building the right culture and that's wht Jackson said yes to the Lady Vols.

And the team has to look for her. She can be calling for the ball and they still force a harder option. Heard Kyra say they ran practice sets over and over and were not allowed to shoot for at least 20 seconds and how it improved their efficiency. We need an offense that can compensate for when we match up poorly defensively.
Kyra is a bad example to look to considering Kentucky's lack luster season with a player of the year candidate, first-round loss in the NCAA tournament and 5 players transferring out this season. After next season, she will be lucky to retain her job unless she can turn that ship around.

Yea.. So we are losing the #2, 4,5,6 leading scorers off our team! (Unless some can play another year?) With our listless defense I don’t see us being much better next season….

We are recruiting really well but it looks to me like Kelly is just being too nice to these girls.. they lack toughness, and lack energy on D.

I hope we will be better next season but I’m
not convinced. My prediction is more excuses next season…
The team will be better next year because of at the moment two great transfers,a more seasoned class from the freshmen class especially Striplin now that she got in games that were meaningful she will work this off-season to make sure she's a major contributor.JH will play like a NPOY candidate.i expect Darby to work and have a better offensive game because what her game is now playing time might be lacking for her Pissott is the shot maker we haven't had in awhile.my only concern really is Key will she be force or not. hopefully she works hard this summer on post moves and develop a killer instinct but this is a final 4 team assembled for next season no excuses.

VN Store

Back