Rickea Jackson to Tennessee

I really think the LV players have done a great job representing themselves and marketing the LV brand on social media through their NIL partnerships.
With the resurgence of the LVs prime to sit atop of the throne of WBB the NIL deals will be next level in the near future. It’s starting on the Men side of sports already with Chandler, receiving a nice NIL partnership during the tourney with Mountain Dew & Ruffle Potatoe Chip brands!
The LVs advancing to the Sweet 16 with a great deal of positive energy being advertised every TV appearance displayed the chemistry of this team, and put the nation on notice. The 2022 Class including two 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ ‘cruits & one 4⭐⭐⭐⭐️ ‘cruit is very appealing. I expect official NIL deals to skyrocket at Tennessee.

Very strong ability to get some wrong info in recruiting. I've got plenty before. You just report what you have, but no one ever knows what the player will actually do. Getting any info is hard enough so we really should cut posters a lot of slack for wrong info as well as right . We want people to keep reporting what they hear wrong or right because it at least gives us something to talk about other than things we don't care to talk about.

I explained it already. Just go through my post.

You've been a good sport and done your penance re: flawed intel. Too bad the actual Kellie-dingrates don't have the intestinal (or lower geographically) fortitude to admit that they were wrong about Kellie being able to "close the deal" after Sam & Joy have laid the groundwork.

I do hope this helps pave the way to more "elite" four-year prospects such as Justine (not discounting the solid, potential-filled athletes we already have...love 'em all!). Just don't think we should rely each year upon transfers and short-term solutions, impactful though they may be. We've really enjoyed and appreciate Snoop, Jordan, Keyen, etc., but we'd love to have had them for four (or five) years.

One thing about transfers, though...we have a body of work in the college ranks by which we can judge their efficiency and coachability.

Very strong ability to get some wrong info in recruiting. I've got plenty before. You just report what you have, but no one ever knows what the player will actually do. Getting any info is hard enough so we really should cut posters a lot of slack for wrong info as well as right . We want people to keep reporting what they hear wrong or right because it at least gives us something to talk about other than things we don't care to talk about.

this /\

IMO, a "dead-eye" shooter would mean around 38% or higher on 3-point shots.

Which is what Horston shoots from the field for the season and for her career... an absolutely atrocious number considering the volume of shots she takes with relatively few three point attempts...

Which is what Horston shoots from the field for the season and for her career... an absolutely atrocious number considering the volume of shots she takes with relatively few three point attempts...
To her great credit she did say herself "well I'm not the best shooter". I think that's about to change drastically. With the help she'll have around her, JH will be more free to take the right kind of shots for her. And continue to be a ferocious rebounder and defender.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Ok, so she committed and wasted two other coaches time (and money) just to go to a schools she wasn’t even considering? Doubtful. However, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Tell her mom we are ecstatic to have her.

Plus denied she had transferred on her social media accounts. I don't understand why someone wants to keep insisting that RJ secretly comitted weeks ago and then misled coaches and the rest of the world. Color me very skeptical of this claim and wishing other folks sometimes used better judgment. when seeking to display "insider" status.

Plus denied she had transferred on her social media accounts. I don't understand why someone wants to keep insisting that RJ secretly comitted weeks ago and then misled coaches and the rest of the world. Color me very skeptical of this claim and wishing other folks sometimes used better judgment. when seeking to display "insider" status.
That she committed weeks ago is a total lie. She only started favoring Tennessee about a week before she actually committed and was trending Tennessee or LSU. After her visit there it became clearer Tennessee might be the favorite. Until she made a decision which I believe was yesterday we were still in competition with at least one other school. I don't think she misled or visited anybody under any notion that she just wanted a free trip. She did a very thorough and complete evaluation of what each school had to offer her. We were lucky she chose us just shows how Coach Harper is turning things around here and again making Tennessee a place where players can be all they can be in a culture that is second to none.

I think it's likely she indicated she wanted to be a Lady Vol during her visit but also wanted to take her remaining visits before making it official. If I were her or any other recruit, I would want to take as many visits as I reasonably could. Those visits are fun....or so I've been told. If she knew anything about Kellie, it's that Kellie can keep a secret.

How would you feel about a transfer that shoots 40% from the field, 24% from 3, averages 1 assist per game, and has a reputation for not liking to play defense?

That's Rickea. It's my opinion any minutes she gets would be better spent on Justine who will, in my opinion, in her freshman year beat all of the above numbers by a considerable margin and play defense.

I hope that by January Rickea and Walker are backing up Horston and Pissott on the wing, That Sara has nailed down the 4 and Karoline has rebuilt her body and is a capable backup to Key and Puckett, that Wynn will be committed to becoming an elite defender that can serve as a defensive disruptor and an energy boost off the bench. Play Powell on Point, with Miles backing up and put the tall girl in the middle and let them all follow KJH's lead and it is realistically a final four team.

Last edited:

Atrocious? Absolutely atrocious? Hey, good job. Advanced hyperbolic rhetoric is hard for some, but not for others.

Reactions: Rickster

VN Store

Back