Transfer Portal 21-22

I agree I think we could be set, I do still suspect we pickup a backup 5 from the portal though. I just don’t think Striplin is physical enough and Saunders can go in the SEC.

Strip will be a stretch 4 I suspect and probably a really good one. She’ll need to put on a bunch of muscle is she’s going to backup TK in the SEC for us. She can definitely do it but we need to see it happen fast.
We have on scholarship left no reason not to use it for the right player.

We have on scholarship left no reason not to use it for the right player.

My thought as well. Another post 6’5” or better is who would go for. Would really help against teams like South Carolina that can outsize us, especially when TK goes to the bench.

As we both mentioned, I think Karo can do it, but there will be a few teams she just doesn’t matchup well with.

Exactly. I do wonder if Saunders might consider a transfer. I would like to see her get some minutes somewhere and play some ball. Just don’t think it’s going to happen in the SEC. When we tried her at the 5 it was a total disaster. Love the kid but she’s just out of her league athletically.

You are spot on plus remember we are playing with house money next year to win it all. After 2022 Jordy sr Key sr Jackson sr Powell sr will be gone ? So to me need to get a backup post that can take over for Key Just my opinion

Her and my cousin are good friends, who plays for a certain school we love to hate. If anyone knows where I’m from then it won’t be too hard to figure out who I’m talking about, but we talked and she said it was Texas for sure! I believe my sis and ran with it! 😩😂
If your sis attends the school we love to hate of course they would say anyone but tennessee lol i was thinking you had inside info as far as Rickea's family or AAU coaches / camp...this was pure ******** sorry you played with my emotions that day no harm done though !! :)

If your sis attends the school we love to hate of course they would say anyone but tennessee lol i was thinking you had inside info as far as Rickea's family or AAU coaches / camp...this was pure ******** sorry you played with my emotions that day no harm done though !! :)
Okay calm down! It wasn’t pure ******** to me because of the source! They’re family!

Okay calm down! It wasn’t pure ******** to me because of the source! They’re family!
I love getting information that was a legitimate source. At one time she may have been thinking another way and changed her mind. I like to get information on recruiting you never going to bat 100 percent no matter what your sources are.

I definitely feel that Kellie fully intends to use that last scholarship--that's why she couldn't give it to Edie Darby. Hopefully she reels in a post to backup TK.

LaDazhia Williams had TN in her top 10 her junior year of high school. She was a 5 star forward who first went to SC. Played behind Aja Wilson so didn't get on the floor much. Then she went to Missouri.

How Mizzou's LaDazhia Williams' journey culminates vs. South Carolina

2020-21: Appeared in 21 games and made 18 starts in her junior campaign, averaging 12.4 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 23.3 minutes per game … Produced one of the most efficient shooting seasons in program history as her 58.2 percent field goal percentage (106-of-182) ranked third all-time at Mizzou … Her season field goal percentage (.582) ranked second in the SEC and ninth nationally,

She had preseason knee surgery this year, which slowed her down. This season, she attempted 188 shots and made 102 of them (54.3%). All 2 pointers no 3s attempted. Shot 74% on free throws. She had a double-double against No. 1 South Carolina and followed that up with a season high 25 points against Auburn. Then she had a groin injury.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
LaDazhia Williams had TN in her top 10 her junior year of high school. She was a 5 star forward who first went to SC. Played behind Aja Wilson so didn't get on the floor much. Then she went to Missouri.

How Mizzou's LaDazhia Williams' journey culminates vs. South Carolina

2020-21: Appeared in 21 games and made 18 starts in her junior campaign, averaging 12.4 points, 4.2 rebounds and 1.2 blocks in 23.3 minutes per game … Produced one of the most efficient shooting seasons in program history as her 58.2 percent field goal percentage (106-of-182) ranked third all-time at Mizzou … Her season field goal percentage (.582) ranked second in the SEC and ninth nationally,

She had preseason surgery this year, which slowed her down.

If we add anyone else I’m hoping for a big, healthy post. I worry about adding anymore players with history of bad knees. It’s just an incident waiting to happen.

And like we saw with Green, even when it’s not a starter who contributes big minutes and big numbers it can have a significant impact on the team.

My thought as well. Another post 6’5” or better is who would go for. Would really help against teams like South Carolina that can outsize us, especially when TK goes to the bench.

As we both mentioned, I think Karo can do it, but there will be a few teams she just doesn’t matchup well with.

VolBall09: Thank You for this post some don`t get it or don`t understand you just can`t put Strip at the 5 against any team. I would like post player that can rebound and block shots.

I’m smart enough to remember that the 1st game where Karoline Striplin received extended minutes came on the big stage against Kentucky in the SEC tourney. She showed signs of strong post play. That’s the backup post player. I don’t see Kellie even given it a 2nd thought and she shouldn’t for the present time or future. Once Striplin gets in the off-season program they’ll be intentional with her development. I expect her to make major strides. Stop downplaying the potential of players that have ALREADY shown promise on this team.
She’s just a freshman and has earned the chance to grow into a bigger role for the ‘22-‘23 season.

OK Kellie, you pull this off and you officially don't suck at recruiting anymore...

200.gif
Bump.

You can also bump where I said this is arguably the biggest recruiting target in the post-Pat era. Both remain true.

All the credit to Kellie, she pulled it off, and now the trajectory of this program has completely changed...
Saw that one too.

It’s a big day. The future is bright.

VN Store

Back