Barnes gets contract extension through 2026-2027

As long as Barnes can lead them farther into the postseason I am okay with it. If not ill be beating my head against the wall. But at least UT will be relevant with him as coach.

There are going to be triggered posters. Fact!
This works out perfectly. Barnes can retire and Donnie Tyndall can slide right back in, as his show cause expires that year. That should make all the Barnes haters giddy. Or maybe Pearl will be ready to move on from Auburn by then and he will come back to Knoxville.
Hell, what’s Buzz up to these days?
Does Wade have a grandson he’d like to coach in college?
😒
GBO!!

This works out perfectly. Barnes can retire and Donnie Tyndall can slide right back in, as his show cause expires that year. That should make all the Barnes haters giddy. Or maybe Pearl will be ready to move on from Auburn by then and he will come back to Knoxville.
Hell, what’s Buzz up to these days?
Does Wade have a grandson he’d like to coach in college?
😒
GBO!!

Shhh! That’s the actual plan.

Musselman is the current johnny-come-lately who gets way too much media love. Remember Shaka Smart?
Musselman I think is a hell of a coach, personally. Shaka made a ton of hay out of a single Final Four run during his second year as a HC. He's made several NCAATs, but hasn't gotten out of the first weekend in any of them.

Musselman, in contrast, made three NCAATs at Nevada including a Sweet 16, has already made an Elite Eight at Arkansas, and was a HC for 3 years in the NBA. He's a much better coach and has accomplished way more than Smart.

Barnes has been great for Tennessee, he can recruit, runs a clean program and he is a winner. Yes all of those involved want a final 4 team, he will get us there!! Those wishing he would leave have very short and ill placed memories!!

Barnes is like the 9 that asks you to come over to her place. At that point you forget about looking for a 10.
Struggling to relate to this analogy.
Is it similar to if I ask a 5 to come over but instead just accept that I’m shooting too high and settle for the 3??

VN Store

Back