'19 TN RB Eric Gray

Maybe OU didn't either? IMO Gray isn't better than what we've got on campus already.
The last time he was here was when he got a similar amount of carries as Small. Had pretty similar stats on a terrible offense and OL ran by offensive idiots that Small had with great offensive minds and open space. Gray would be amazing in this offense and a perfect complement to the power running of Small. Gray is also very dynamic as a pass catcher out of the backfield especially on screens

Reactions: T2P_Priceless
The last time he was here was when he got a similar amount of carries as Small. Had pretty similar stats on a terrible offense and OL ran by offensive idiots that Small had with great offensive minds and open space. Gray would be amazing in this offense and a perfect complement to the power running of Small. Gray is also very dynamic as a pass catcher out of the backfield especially on screens
Holy hell, get of the kids nuts he's not that great nor program changing.... "HE'S NOT EVEN AVAILABLE AND THIS DEBATE IS STUPID AS HELL."- BRADY HOKE.

I take all the points about the idiots :)

That said, a) we barely threw any screens, so not sure how important that skill is, and b) more importantly, I'm just not sure his overall skill set is anything other than duplicative to what we already have in that room.

He's a good back but he isn't program changing or much better than small if he even is better.
Agree, will take him back if he's reaching out. But mostly due to SEC experience and ability to catch out the backfield. But to pretend he steps off the plane as RB1 is inaccurate. Small put much better tape on film last year.

I take all the points about the idiots :)

That said, a) we barely threw any screens, so not sure how important that skill is, and b) more importantly, I'm just not sure his overall skill set is anything other than duplicative to what we already have in that room.
The only elusive RB in the room we have right now is Dylan Sampson who is a freshman. I would assume the staff wants another RB for the next 1-2 years with our interest in some RBs that have entered the portal

The only elusive RB in the room we have right now is Dylan Sampson who is a freshman. I would assume the staff wants another RB for the next 1-2 years with our interest in some RBs that have entered the portal

I'd argue that Small is elusive and that Williams could end up being RB1 by early in the season anyway. Listen, if Gray graduates in May and comes back I'm not going to complain. He's a talent. My only complaint will be if it comes at the expense of a portal spot that we need elsewhere, which a) obviously the coaches know more than I do about, and b) could be moot since we have at least 7 right now.

I'd argue that Small is elusive and that Williams could end up being RB1 by early in the season anyway. Listen, if Gray graduates in May and comes back I'm not going to complain. He's a talent. My only complaint will be if it comes at the expense of a portal spot that we need elsewhere, which a) obviously the coaches know more than I do about, and b) could be moot since we have at least 7 right now.
Both are great RBs but are more of the downhill runner type. A player with Gray's skillset offers a nice balance to those two with what people want Jaylen Wright to be. I forgot about him, he has elite speed and could be shifty

Lots of smoke. He will graduate this spring. He left not by his choice. 100% true

Yeah he was lumped in with the guys told to “look elsewhere” once the investigation was over. Likely meant they had records of him receiving benefits and they knew he’d lose eligibility here.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Both are great RBs but are more of the downhill runner type. A player with Gray's skillset offers a nice balance to those two with what people want Jaylen Wright to be. I forgot about him, he has elite speed and could be shifty
Small has one hell of a jump cut and he absolutely embarrassed a Kentucky defender... Small is absolutely an elusive back.

VN Store

Back